1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Women In Music: Celebrating International Women's Day in school

Discussion in 'Music' started by Timshel82, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Hi All,

I'm hoping to get a display up in school about Women in Music, as part of my efforts to celebrate International Women's Day on March 8th.

I'd appreciate your suggestions on who to feature in the display - I obviously have an idea of who I'd like to see up there, but I don't want to miss any!

Thanks!

2. Hi All,

I'm hoping to get a display up in school about Women in Music, as part of my efforts to celebrate International Women's Day on March 8th.

I'd appreciate your suggestions on who to feature in the display - I obviously have an idea of who I'd like to see up there, but I don't want to miss any!

Thanks!

3. Fanny Mendelsohn - the kids will have a good laugh at that.

A good idea might be to look up some 20th,21st century woman composers and do a project on that. Super idea!!!

4. Yes - she was definitely going to be included - mostly for the laughs at her name, but also because she was ace. Am definitely doing research, but sometimes people come up with ones that haven't been thought of, so just wanted to check.

Let me know if you think of any more.

Cheers!

5. Grace Williams.

6. Evelyn Glennie

7. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

Conductors:
    Jane Glover
    Marin Alsop

8. Nicola Lefanu
    Judith weir
    Anne Boelyn...?
    Good luck with your display... Any chance of some pics to give the rest of us ideas?

9. hildegard von bingen, miriam makeba, frankie armstrong, amy dickson, alison balsom, chloe hanslip

10. v12

v12

Cecile Chaminade (Concertino - lovely piece for flute)