1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Wolverhampton Secondary English - who's in?

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by eannie, May 20, 2011.

1. Hi everyone
    I have a place at Wolverhampton for Secondary English this September. Just thought I'd say hello to any of you out there who also have a place.
    I'm nervous, but very excited!
    See you all in September!!!
    eannie

2. Hi everyone
    I have a place at Wolverhampton for Secondary English this September. Just thought I'd say hello to any of you out there who also have a place.
    I'm nervous, but very excited!
    See you all in September!!!
    eannie

3. Hi Annie,
    Thanks for your message! Sorry it's taken me so long to reply too- have had the pleasure of working with year 6's on a summer school these past few weeks!!
    I've been looking through the forum on here to give me ideas on which books are a necessary read before starting the pgce but I have to say I haven't managed to read a great deal of them yet! By the sounds of it we have let ourselves in for a very hectic year!
    Yes I'm attending the pre-grammar course- are you? Also, did you see the GTC declaration that we have to download and send off on e:vision under the tasks section? For some reason I can't open mine!
    Best wishes,

Georgina

4. Hi Georgina
    Finally got my offer on track yesterday. I logged into e-vision but couldn't see anything under tasks. Did they send you the medical declaration/CRB forms in the post, or do we download them from e-vision?
    I feel a lot more relaxed now my offer is in writing!
    take care
    Annie

5. Hi Georgina
    Yes - I got the email from Mary and I will be there on the 12th!
    I badgered Mary for a list of things to be getting on with and she sent me a really helpful list of children's books, plus the pre-course task. Have you seen this yet? If not, I can email to your home address if you like.
    The list also shows some of the books we will need for the course which I've ordered from Amazon as they were the cheapest.
    By the way (as it wasn't obvious from the email list in Mary's email to us all) my email address is the one which starts a.edwards. Please fee free to email me on that address if you want to! Also, if you feel like meeting up for a natter/drink, give me a shout.
    See you soon
    Annie x

6. Hi Both,

Congratulations on getting places at Wlv, it really is a great course, i loved it. I have just completed a PGCE at Wolverhampton Uni (albeit in Design Technology) so I'd be happy to offer any advice on the course in general (on a whole-cohort level), in the first 3 weeks of the course there are lots of whole-cohort sessions and students are mixed at times which is a good way to get to know people teaching other subjects! All PGCE students regardless of subject do the same assignments, based on the same rationale but simply have 'subject-specific' elements.

Take care,
    Luke.