1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Wokingham ICT/ Hereford ICT sheme of work

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by DEmsley, May 23, 2011.

1. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter

2. On a rather flippant note -is there any reason why LA's choose to put their excellent teaching content behind login walls? Surely it's in their interest the more teachers that read and use it across the country?!?

3. smiley786

smiley786 New commenter

I agree. Wokingham's ICT scheme is good but unfortunately can't access it.
    Have filled an interest form but still cannot access it!

4. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter

Clearly NOT in their interest. If their good SOW gets the students they're responsible for good grades then the LA will go up in the league tables.
    This LA will have funded the development at the expense of some other facet of their job. Therefore why should they share with an LA which has chosen to fund road repairs over ICT development?
    Unfortunately it makes sense; I don't agree with it but I can see their reasoning.

5. Hi,
    I work in a Wokingham school and use the scheme, you're welcome to a copy- but how do I get it to you? I will pass on these coments to the relevent people and find out why it's behind the log-in!
    [​IMG]

6. colwynexile

colwynexile Occasional commenter

Oh for heavens sake, DEms was trying to save you being hauled up by the LEA who could <u>take your job</u> for disseminating what has now become 'commercially sensitive information'.
    Granted, it was sarcastic, but surely you've read the posts on the forum. This can't have come as a surprise to you.
    And knowing the way some LEAs work don't be surprised if the author knows nothing about this. I'm assuming it's one of the LEA improvement officers and as such works for the LEA, so it will do whatever it wants with the info and won't necessarally tell anyone concerned with it.
    Morals of the story are;
    1. Post away to your hearts content, but don't put yourself in a position where you can get fired for doing it (other people have slagged off their school in the past and were released when they're HT saw it - fact, not urban myth)
    2. People are unpleasant, this doesn't mean you hide from it in real life, don't do that here
    3. Our little section here is like a family, we argue, we fight, we disagree, we think MyMouse is a fool who probably hasn't taught anywhere in ages. DEmsley is one of the posters on here who will give you fantastic help and support with any problem he can help you with. Don't be put off by one remark - not until you know everyone better!

7. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter

@colwynexile - thanks

8. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter

@fifitrixibelle - I think colwynexile has made the point I was trying to get across - I wasn't intending to be unpleasant but the kind of help you were offering could land you in trouble and I was seeking to prevent this for you. I applaud your discussing it with the author and I would be really pleased if you could pursuade them to release it as CC and available to all.
    I don't actually agree with the position this LA is taking and I would much prefer to see all SoW and all resources shared openly and freely under Creative Commons licencing rather than them keeping what appears to be a well thought of scheme to themselves.

9. smiley786

smiley786 New commenter

10. smiley786

smiley786 New commenter

Hi,
    I still haven't received ICT scheme of work from the people that said they would e-mail!
    If there is anyone else who works in the above LA's willing to share ICT scheme of work, please email me at a.motala@colnepark.lancs.sch.uk
    Thanks