1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

WJEC Unit 3

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by marshmell0, Apr 14, 2011.

1. hi everyone!
    Hope you're all well?
    I am planning my unit 3 SOW for the set text "Stone Cold" as this is my first year teaching WJEC....in fact it is my first year teaching Drama. I was wanting to buy the SOW for £40, yet I have no money in my budget. There is a website that has resources that are quite good at NGFl cymru site but it seems only half a SOW is there. Does anyone have any useful resources they wouldn't mind sharing? It'd be a massive help!
    thanks
    Marsh 0

2. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

I teach the same spec. I don't use any formal SOW for any set text...... there isn't really any need for WJEC as what elements of the text that need addressing in preparation for the exam are already laid out by the exam board. In short, character study, costume, set design, observation of time and place of play and how scenes would be directed. The good thing about WJEC is that the exam questions will always follow a format.... so the questions are always the same but the scene or character being addressed changes - so easiest way to prepare candidates is to have done practice questions on each main character that could come up.