1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

WJEC UNIT 3 Shakespeare/Poetry

Discussion in 'English' started by molly0967, Sep 30, 2010.

1. molly0967

molly0967 New commenter

Has anybody any ideas for their links?! Spec seems very broad-not sure where to start with a scheme of work!! Was thinking of Romeo and Juliet as think will suit the class but.....!!!
    Please help NQT!!!

2. Yes, the controlled assessment tasks are deliberately broad so that just about anything you want to do will fit. With R&J the relationship generic task is probably the one to adapt for you but there's plenty of conflict in the play but I think the poems are more geared to war as conflict. Practical help? Well, I have a Controlled Assessment Guidance document I wrote for my faculty with suggests how to tackle the unit and gives my probable task with my class. Downside for you is that I've done all this in relation to Macbeth but it might give you enough of a head start. Leave an email or send me a PM if you want it.

3. I'd love a copy of that document, please. We're decided on Macbeth. My email is mushroomofjoyAThotmail.com Thanks!

4. TESEnglish

TESEnglish Occasional commenter

Dear Molly,
    We currently have a teaching pack in development for this unit.
    It is based on Romeo and Juliet and a selection of poems from the WJEC GCSE Poetry Collection. The pack will include a range of possible titles (higher and foundation) and supporting teaching ideas / resources.
    We will keep you up-to-date via this forum post, and also the English newsletter.

Regards,

Chantel Mathias
    TES English

5. molly0967

molly0967 New commenter

That would be fantastic thanks-any idea at all when that will be available?

6. molly0967

molly0967 New commenter

7. TESEnglish

Hello Molly,

If all goes according to plan, it will be available for download in December.

Regards,

Chantel Mathias
    TES English

8. Hi

Could I be cheeky and ask for a copy of this as I'm just finishing teaching the Macbeth and we're about to do the CA before moving onto the poetry. It would be great to see if other teachers are heading in the same direction I am!
    email is: clare1312@btinternet.com

9. Sorry, I should have said that last post was for ArthurDent for the copy of the plan for Macbeth!

10. Hello Chantel

We have started working on the Romeo-Juliet/Poetry CA- any chance it could be early December - we could do with all the help we can get.

Fiona

11. Hi Chantel,
    I stumbled across your response to the Romeo and Julliet/Poetry coursework whilst looking for guidance on what to do! I was wondering if I could be cheeky and have a copy of your booklet?
    My work email is: b.benet@unity-college.com

Thanks,
    Bobbie.

12. Sorry to be cheeky ArturDent, but if you have continued to check this thread I would love a copy of your controlled assessment guidance. I am an NQT and begin teaching it imminently! My e-mail is misskober@yahoo.co.uk
    Many thanks!

13. F.A.O. Chantel Mathias TES English
    Dear Chantel
    I know my enquiry is some months after your posting above, but I wondered whether the teaching pack you mention is available to download or be sent?
    Thank you. I would appreciate your help.
    Kind regards
    Mark Prowse

14. TESEnglish

I'm on it! Should be uploaded at the end of next week. Will post a link here as soon as it's up.

Best,

Chantel

15. sunflower48

sunflower48 New commenter

Has this been posted yet and I have missed it?
    Sunflower

16. sunflower48

Chantel,

Has this been completed yet? I think there may be a few of us waiting (desperately!) for it?
    How is it going please?

Sunflower

17. molly0967

molly0967 New commenter

I agree!! Is there a date for the release of this yet please?!!

18. sunflower48

I give up on this. Nothing like no communication to annoy!

19. molly0967

molly0967 New commenter

Well there are obviously a few of us waiting for news-can you let us know one way or the other rather than us waiting for something that might not happen ?!

20. sunflower48

Indeed, and still no response!