1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

WJEC travel and tourism a2

Discussion in 'Geography' started by weathergirlbex, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Hi everyone

Hope you all had a nice summer! Mine has come back down to earth with a very large bump and I am hoping for some advice. I am an experienced teacher in T&T however we have had to change to WJEC. AS was great easy to plan, resource and deliver! A2 unit 5 tourism development is another ball game. Have never struggled to plan a sow so much in my career! The spec is minimal and doesn't match to exam, a variety of case studies are expected but no outline to guide you and then a random one pops up in the exam!! Have worked back from the exams, teachers guide, bought any book I can but am still stuck on how to deliver! Help from board was minimal. My class will struggle with too much detail but a huge number of case studies are required and I have no idea which to do! Does anybody who has taught this unit have any outline sow I could look at to help structure mine or any advice at all would be greatly appreciated! I have only just returned to work after losing my daughter and am getting very stressed about the delivery of the unit so any help would take a huge weight off my shoulders - thank you

2. Hello,

I am also having the same problem. What did you end up doing? Would you be able to share anything with me. I have just completed my pgce and have been given unit 5 to plan and teach alone! Thank you