1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

WJEC Spanish AS scheme of work new spec

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by ianwill, Oct 3, 2008.

1. ianwill

ianwill New commenter

I have spent ages doing a sow for AS Spanish for WJEC new specs. Was wondering if it was of any use to anyone as would not wnat anyone spendinga s long as I did!

2. Oh, could I have a copy please, as I am new to the board and to teaching this A-level...?

My email is pingupoo@googlemail.com

And could I also ask you what book you are using?

Thank you very much!

3. bristolmover

bristolmover New commenter

4. I've not had any news from you ianwill! Did you put it in the resources?
    Thank you!

5. aventura

aventura New commenter

Me lo envias a mi tambien? Es muy amable por tu parte ya que todos hemos tenido que, al menos, reorganizar el que teniamos antes.

Gracias. mnb_fb@yahoo.co.uk

6. ¡Hola!
    He empezado a enseñar español este año, y en verdad estoy bastante confundida con los requerimientos. A pesar de que he puesto bastante tiempo en el esquema de trabajo, creo que todavía puedo mejorarlo. ¿Puedes tú enviarme una copia de lo que tienes?
    De antemano, muchas gracias
    Carolina

8. Hola,

Me lo envias a mi tambien por favor. Estoy entrenando actualmente pero empiezo mi "placement" en enero.

Enviamelo a cmpr2006@hotmail.co.uk

Muchisimas gracias,

Michelle

9. Hola,

Me lo envias a mi tambien por favor. Estoy entrenando actualmente pero empiezo mi "placement" en enero.

Enviamelo a cmpr2006@hotmail.co.uk

Muchisimas gracias,

chelle

10. Hello,
    I hope it is still possible to get the sow you mentioned a couple of years ago!. I am changing from AQA to WJEC because I have had apalling results for the last two years. I have been looking at the spec for WJEC but I am a bit lost with the topics. AQA is very clear about the different subtopics.
    Please, could you help?
    Gracias
    My e-mail is mpinillos@strode-college.ac.uk

11. I'd be very grateful for a copy too, if possible!

Thanks.
    oconnorciara@hotmail.com

12. Hello, I'm a native teacher of Spanish and I would be really thankful if anyone could give advice on what is the best way to get a teaching job in England. I'm qualified, at the moment I'm waiting for the GTC to recognise my qualifications and give me QTS. I have experience mostly teaching privately, in after school clubs here in Spain. But I've only taught in a public school doing a maternity leave supply and that was years ago. What do you think my chances might be? Do you think I could apply to jobs from Spain? And another thing, since modern foreign language departments usually consist of two foreign languages, what do you think my chances arer of only teaching Spanish? I thank you all very much.

13. Hola Rosa
    I think it would be difficult to get a job in a state school only teaching Spanish. Most of them want you to have 2 languages, one of which is usually French as that is the most prevalent language taught.
    Unfortunately, German seems to be in decline so a job combining Spanish and German might be hard to find.
    I think you can certainly apply from Spain and my feeling is that you may be lucky with a private school. Perhaps any colleagues teaching in private schools could confirm that?
    I also think you should do some research on the curriculum here so that you are up to date with it all.
    The TES is an excellent place to start and the contributors on the MFL forum are the nicest![​IMG]
    Good luck!

14. Hi Ianwill,

id love a copy too if you still have it although i know you posted this thread ages ago.
    address is claremcgirr@hotmail.com
    Thanks a million

15. hi
    i am a teacher at kevicc totnes and we have decided to change to welsh board this year
    i would really apprecate a copy of your spec we ahave ani,mos bools and supplemeny with other materials
    thanks in anyicipation
    rosie nanji-rowe

16. Hi Ian,
    I have started teaching WJEC and I now have the write the SoW. Would you be so kind to send them to me, please :)
    Mireia Ballespi