1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

WJEC Science - How does it work?!

Discussion in 'Science' started by Rhodders, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Hi,

Am currently doing supply so not really doing much GCSE teaching but in my spare time I am doing some private tutoring. My first pupil is sitting WJEC Separate Science and is doing the foundation papers. I have downloaded the specification and past papers and exam timetable to 2012.

Thing I am confused on is that I can find past papers for Biol1 and Biol 2 and these are both 45 minutes long. When I look at exam timetable the exams in January are 1 and 1/2 hours long?! I was assuming Biol 1 was done in January and Biol 2 done in the Summer? So why can I only find past papers that are 45mins long for Jan? Shouldn't they be 1 and 1/2 hours long?

Confused?!?!

2. Hi,

Am currently doing supply so not really doing much GCSE teaching but in my spare time I am doing some private tutoring. My first pupil is sitting WJEC Separate Science and is doing the foundation papers. I have downloaded the specification and past papers and exam timetable to 2012.

Thing I am confused on is that I can find past papers for Biol1 and Biol 2 and these are both 45 minutes long. When I look at exam timetable the exams in January are 1 and 1/2 hours long?! I was assuming Biol 1 was done in January and Biol 2 done in the Summer? So why can I only find past papers that are 45mins long for Jan? Shouldn't they be 1 and 1/2 hours long?

Confused?!?!

3. The legacy GCSE (Y11 in 2012) separate science exam consists of three 45 minute papers. B1 and B2 are available in January and May/June and B3 in May/June only. The AS exams are 11/2 hours are these perhaps the ones you are looking at on the January timetable?

4. So B1 and B2 are available in both exam periods? I take it they can choose when to sit or does everybody sit in January ad resits in May/June?

This is the timetable I am looking at, I'm pretty sure it is the GCSE one http://www.wjec.co.uk/uploads/publications/10998.pdf Unless it shows as 1.5 hours as B1 is 45 and B2 is 45 sat back to back?