1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

WJEC pathways

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by confusedfoodie, Jul 7, 2011.

1. I am in the planning stages of WJEC pathways course in food prep to repace the WJEC entry level food studies course. Is any one else out there planning these food areas who I can bounce ideas with.
    I have been teaching 20+ yrs so lots of ideas just need a companion.

2. Hi
    I am also at the planning stage of the WJec entry level food studies course. i would be happy to have a companion to bounce off ideas with. I too have beenn teaching for well over 20 years.
    Marguerita

3. Forgive me for my ignorance as I have just started Catering (also a new subject for me), could you tell me what the wjec food prep course and for who is it aimed at?

Narinder

4. Yes I'm in exactly the same boat. We decided to teach roughly the same elements as we're teaching to the GCSE group to start with - Food hygiene certificate and basicknife skills / sauces- but I do feel like I've not fully got 2 grips with the course!

5. Hiya,
    I've just seen your post and I am currently in the process of entering one of my students for the WJEC pathways course. I'd like to ask a question ...there seems to be a lot of cross referencing across a number of the units. Can evidence from one unit be used for another unit if it is relevant?

6. Hi,
    I think that you can use evidence in more than one unit. I am entering pupils for the Entry Level Pathways and was reading the spec. yesterday. It has been a bit ambiguous but I definately read that you can cross reference.