1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

WJEC NEW GCSE SPEC...HELP

Discussion in 'English' started by MRK1, Jun 28, 2010.

1. MRK1

MRK1 New commenter

Hey,
    My department have been looking at Unit 3 on the new spec- Poetry and Drama. The tasks are 'Male/female relationships' and 'Conflict'. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas on this or any thoughts on which Shakespeare play (scene) and poems they are going to look at. Any ideas welcome...
    Thanks in advance :)

2. M/F relationships: most probably going to use Taming of the Shrew. Haven't looked at the poems the Board have linked to the task yet.

3. MRK1

MRK1 New commenter

Yeah, Taming of the Shrew could be a good shout, although it is difficult to think about a particular scene. I must admit that it is a much harder task than first anticipated....

4. My school is looking at the roles of M/F between MacBeth and Lady MacBeth this can be differentiated by the number of scenes you look at.

5. TESEnglish

TESEnglish Occasional commenter

Good morning,
    This is just one of many teaching packs that we are developing for the new GCSE specifications.
    The pack we develop for this unit will contain two main tasks - one for foudation and one for higher - together, where applicable, with supporting material and worksheets, etc. Alternative tasks will also be suggested.
    The pack will be available free of charge and you will be able to download it as a word or pdf document.
    We'll keep you posted.

Regards

TES English

6. We all love you... ...metaphorically, of course.

7. TESEnglish

TESEnglish Occasional commenter

Afternoon!

The TES English resources for this are available here:
    www.tes.co.uk/gcseenglishliterature

Regards,

Chantel
    P.S. Apologies for the delay in replying. Lost the thread!

8. sunflower48

sunflower48 New commenter

Hurrah! At last! Thank you TES.

9. MRK1

MRK1 New commenter

Thanks TES :)