1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

WJEC MEDIA AS/A2 Writing Frames

Discussion in 'Media studies' started by dannimaibaum, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had any writing frames they have created for MS1 MS2 or MS3
    A lot of our students are really struggling with essay writing and how to structure their textual analysis.
    Any resources/ advice would be GREATLY appreciated. . .

2. Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had any writing frames they have created for MS1 MS2 or MS3
    A lot of our students are really struggling with essay writing and how to structure their textual analysis.
    Any resources/ advice would be GREATLY appreciated. . .

3. I know the problem - mine had difficulties with MS4 this year - but I don't know how effective writing frames would be for MS1 because Question 1 could come from any media form! Mine struggle more with questions 2c and 3 than they do with question 1 - so they plan opening paragraphs for a question on representation defining representation and introducing the particular topic area. Similarly for the audience question we practice recognising the specific topic area - targeting, positioning or responses and then they plan their openings. Although they don't all do brilliantly they do have a bit more confidence if they know how to start their answers.

May not be of great help - but hope it's of some use ......

4. No that is great thanks Bazzie. I knew that a frame for MS1 is going to be difficult, as they usually just get stuck into the analysis. I think I will concentrate on the links they could make from the text to audience, representation, institution genre, ideology and narrative (AIRING) This seemed to help the students to avoid description and think about the function of visual codes/audio codes etc.

How did your lot do this summer?