1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

WJEC Literature exam

Discussion in 'English' started by andreah123, May 22, 2012.

1. Hello,

I am just wondering what people thought of the Literature paper for WJEC 22/05/12

2. Clive_Candy

Clive_Candy Occasional commenter

What the devil's going on? Have you actually seen the paper? We have been led to believe we cannot see any exam papers until the following day. Yes, yes, I know the kids taking the exam will have seen the paper but we are teachers and we would be much more likely to misuse the knowledge so our exams office won't let us see them. I thought this had come down from on high. Or is it just our exams office telling us porkies? Mmmm...

3. sunflower48

sunflower48 New commenter

Yes thought paper looked ok. Kids thought Candy question was ok as well. Agree about the poems as well, but some said they understood some of it, but who is to know!!
    We can't see the paper until after the examination has completely finished, but why can you not see it then I can't understand. Think it may be your exams office telling you porkies, as you say!!!
    Make sure you get the one on Thursday after they have taken it!

4. GloriaSunshine

GloriaSunshine New commenter

In the olden days, we used to set the exam hall up and invigilate so we'd see the papers before the kids sat down. In my school now, a teacher goes into the exam at the beginning to make sure all is OK. If we're all free, we all go to the start. We bring out a copy of the paper. This morning, we were all teaching so nobody went in but I got one at break. Why shouldn't you? In any case, the papers are collected in and brought to the department after the exam.

5. CandysDog

CandysDog Established commenter

There is a recommendation that subject teachers cannot have access to the question paper until 24 hours after the published finishing time. This is in case any candidate has a timetable variation and is taking the paper the next day. However, subject teachers are allowed access to the question paper as soon as all candidates in the centre have finished the paper.
    Your examinations officer is therefore following a strict interpretation of the rules.
    ...And your examinations officer is following a more normal interpretation of the rules.
    This is definitely against the rules!