1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

WJEC Lit 1 2015 paper missing

Discussion in 'English' started by delythwilliams12, Dec 20, 2016.

1. delythwilliams12

delythwilliams12 New commenter

Hi,

Just been looking on the WJEC past paper website as I am home tutoring students and the Winter 2015 paper is missing. I'm assuming this is potentially a tell tale sign as to what will be on the Winter 2017 paper. Does anyone have the 15 paper and/or know what the questions were? Thanks!

2. CandysDog

CandysDog Occasional commenter

How strange. According to WJEC's publication policy, the January 2015 papers should have been publicly available in autumn 2015. I guess they got forgotten about.

The papers are available on WJEC's secure website (and have been since right after the exam). Given they should have been released publicly (and every subsequent paper has been), I see no problem with attaching them.

(Incidentally, your tutees are the first people I've heard of taking up WJEC's offer of one final attempt at the legacy GCSE English Literature this January.)

Attached Files:

3. saluki

saluki Lead commenter

We had approximately 100 resit students in November. 800 taking the one year old spec and about 250 taking the new spec which we are teaching in one year flat - planning from scratch.
    No one has nominated me for a medal.

tall tales and pepper5 like this.
  4. CandysDog

CandysDog Occasional commenter

I have no idea what this comment has to do with anything.

The only observation I made was that the original poster's tutees were the first students I'd heard of taking up WJEC's resit of GCSE English Literature in January. It's very rare to resit GCSE English Literature at all and the timing is unusual (normally, students would have to wait until the summer).

I'm sorry my noting of this offended you.

5. saluki

saluki Lead commenter

Sorry - we are retaking Language not Literature ( my mistake) as are several thousands of students throughout the country