1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

WJEC HUMANITIES GCSE

Discussion in 'Geography' started by the night owl, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Hi if anyone out there teaches this and fancies a resources share I would be mega grateful. It has been decided we are going to teach this to our bottom set nurture/sen class as the humanities core option next year ( New TT starts on Monday)

I have taught it before but years ago and the specs all changed. I got given a textbook on Monday and shuddered. NOTHING is usable and it would not be worth giving to the class i'm getting. Doing the hist module first Spent 2 1/2 days of our activities week creating a simplified workbook, with space to create pics/ notes etc, exam qs and some activities. Have completed it ( publisher doc) It follows the format of the textbook just loads less wordy, easier reading level and more spaced out . Most in 1.5 line spacing.

Have also started to do a accompanying PPT. If anyone is willing to share /swap resources particularly those aimed at the less able I will be keen to do so

in advance many thanks :)

sarahbuxton1976@gmail.com

2. Hi, there Sarah. In a similar situation myself, with the added bonus of some of the students are starting this in year 10 and the rest in year 9!!!! 9's are a bottom set or those moved out of other Hum's subjects. The others have been just plain chucked out of Geog, Hist or RS. Have gone through a few lessons with mixed results but would be willing to share. Which units are you covering before wasting your time/getting your hopes up before sending anything across.
    Cheers
    Dave

3. Do you do a 'fast-track' Humanities course, or is it is normal timetabling?