1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

WJEC Grade Boundaries

Discussion in 'English' started by bunnyrabbit123, Apr 18, 2012.

1. <font size="3" face="Arial">Hi I was wondering if anyone could offer advice on the GCSE UMS total grade boundaries. The spec says that: </font><font size="3" face="Arial">"Individual unit results are reported on a uniform mark scale (UMS) with the following grade equivalences:" ... a total UMS of 120 marks would be a 'C' grade.
    How confident are people that 120 marks is going to equate to a 'C'? I am doing some basic calculations and trying to work on which students we are confident will achieve a 'C' etc.. I don't want to put too much faith in this to then be wrong. What are other people doing in terms of predicting likely grades?

[/b]
    <font size="3" face="Arial"></font></font>

2. <font size="3" face="Arial">Hi I was wondering if anyone could offer advice on the GCSE UMS total grade boundaries. The spec says that: </font><font size="3" face="Arial">"Individual unit results are reported on a uniform mark scale (UMS) with the following grade equivalences:" ... a total UMS of 120 marks would be a 'C' grade.
    How confident are people that 120 marks is going to equate to a 'C'? I am doing some basic calculations and trying to work on which students we are confident will achieve a 'C' etc.. I don't want to put too much faith in this to then be wrong. What are other people doing in terms of predicting likely grades?

[/b]
    <font size="3" face="Arial"></font></font>

3. recliningbuddah

recliningbuddah New commenter

Hi the UMS grade boundaries printed will always stay the same - so 120 will always be a C. What will change or 'slightly shift' to quote the WJEC, is the grade boundary marks - so we've always known a 12/13 to be a C - this is what may 'shift' each year.
    You can only do rough calculations - there are no definate answers until we receive final cash-in grades in August.Great isn't it! Well, kids we think you've got a C but we'll re-enter you just to be on the safe side and make more money for the exam boards - in some ways I'm looking forward to the linear system!