1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

WJEC GCSE (New) - Unit 1

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by welsh_gje, Aug 25, 2011.

1. I put my Year 10's forward for the exam this year and the results were awful. Truly awful. So much so that I've spent the day wondering what happened and moping around.
    I'm quite ashamed to put the results up here.
    I hang my head but wonder what other people had?
    GJE

2. I put my Year 10's forward for the exam this year and the results were awful. Truly awful. So much so that I've spent the day wondering what happened and moping around.
    I'm quite ashamed to put the results up here.
    I hang my head but wonder what other people had?
    GJE

3. Hi GJE,

I wouldn't worry. Ours were not perfect either. I think they have marked rather harshly to be honest. I have looked in the WJEC Secure area and most of our students are 1/2 marks off the next grade boundary.

I think after WJEC being criticised for being 'too easy' earlier this year by other boards; it looks like they have come down hard.

Remember though, it is only worth 20% and you have 60% CA and another 20% unit to think about.

I have some resources over on my site that might be of some use to you.

4. Hi Pal,
    I have a feeling we have discussed the Welsh versions of the notes via email :). The first unit notes are ready if you want me to zip them up.
    Gareth

5. Hi Gareth,
    Yeah sounds good. You've got my email? Just drop me stuff there and I will put them online for all to use.
    I have a revision guide written for Unit 3 if you want it too.
    How were your unit 1s (assuming you entered them)?

6. Hi,
    The Unit 1 Exam was awful which is why I posted here. Out of 37 pupils 6 got C or above. How bad is that!!! I'm not sure what has happened - but like you say many are 1/2 marks from the next grade boundary and if those marks had been given my mood today would have been a lot better.
    I have downloaded your Unit 3 notes and started translating them. If you have the revision guide can you email it over and I'll start translating them as well.
    I didn't enter Unit 2 Assessment. I will mark this by XMas (need to finish the database).
    Gareth

7. We too have had awful results. I could hardly beleive it when I saw them. Looking at the Item Level Data on the WJEC Secure site it looks as if all our students have done quite well up to questions 11, 12 and 13. It seems those questions have been marked very harshly. We're virtually going to need the whole year group to re-sit. I hope the Unit 3 results are not marked equally as harshly.

8. I've just had a quick look at our Item Level Data and question 13 doesn't exist in my list.
    Q11 average mark was: 5.4/14
    Q12 average mark was: 5.7/13
    In the ranking of questions our worst question was 6. Need to check the papers now.
    Gareth

9. Same here - last few questions marked VERY harshly.

Will request some papers back I think. Considering it is GCSE level;it appears they have marked as I would expect at A-Level standard.

10. Yes, WJEC are not in my good books any more!

Revision guide is on my PC at work. If I don't get you it by Monday, email me and kick me and I will send it your way

11. Will do - thanks. I'll start zipping up the notes I created.
    GJE