1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

WJEC GCSE ICT

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by Spaghetti360, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Spaghetti360

Spaghetti360 New commenter

Has anyone got a solution to the WJEC GCSE ICT Unit 2 school quiz spreadsheet task? This is our first year of teaching this course (and last, because of the gov't changes) and I am probably making the spreadsheet task more difficult than it actually is. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. colwynexile

colwynexile Occasional commenter

Maybe if you gave you academic email address and the school so we can check you're not a pupil, someone might help.

Also, have you 'google' 'd it?

3. Spaghetti360

Haha definitely not a student. I can't believe that all my contributions and posts to the old community from years ago have been wiped. I haven't been on here for a long time so I can see why I might not look credible. Thanks for drawing to my attention, I will need to build up some kudos.
    With reference to the Unit 2, I've found some youtube videos from an old CA and looking at them, I'm probably on the right track, I've just been making it more complex than it is.

kazburgoyne likes this.
  4. colwynexile

colwynexile Occasional commenter

I know what you mean about wiping all previous posts. The posts are still there, but not the acknowledgement. Only just made it to established commenter after 36 messages (seems like I've written more though!)

Spaghetti360 likes this.
  5. Spaghetti360

I'm on the right track, students are now ploughing their way through the CA. I'm doing one theory lesson to hone practical skills and discuss issues and then one CA which is carried out in complete silence, under examination conditions. This seems to work well for our students and means they are not distracted. Even the lower ability students are making not too bad an effort.

6. nabeelnawaz786

nabeelnawaz786 New commenter

7. Jethro19

Jethro19 New commenter

Wondered if anyone had some ideas for the spreadsheet modelling part of this task. This is our first year with WJEC and not quite sure what is expected.

8. nathan_rees

nathan_rees New commenter