1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

WJEC GCSE grade boundaries

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by hennapen, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Seeing the recent question about AQA grade boundaries I wonder if anyone has any information about the WJEC grade boundaries, for example the Controlled assessment elements or the listening/reading papers?

Many thanks
    Hen

2. Is this what you are looking for? See pg 16

3. If you mean the new specification then there are no grade boundaries as yet, only the mark schemes. There will be data available after the summer exams, this will probably be given during the Inset sessions in the autumn term.

4. We have just done Year 10 exams using specimen papers and wrote to WJEC asking for grade boundaries. We were told there won't be any until the first cohort go through next year. Helpful, I'm sure you'll agree!

5. Cestrian

Cestrian New commenter

How can they determine boundaries until they have seen how teenagers under pressure cope with the level of the exam questions? Try speaking some of the other exam boards and you'll see what unhelpful is!

6. Cestrian

Cestrian New commenter

And no, I'm not an examiner for WJEC [​IMG]

7. Hi - thanks for your help, I suspected it wouldn't be available yet! I've just used the old favourite of 18=A*, 16=A etc.

8. Hi there. It is my first time with WJEC for GCSE languages and I am trying to understand the points my students have been given but I cannot make any sense of them as they are different from the "old legacy" point system. I do not even know the grade boundaries. How can I analyse my results? You mentioned markshemes, where are they? I could not find anything on the website. I am tearing my hair out.
    Can someone help?