1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

wjec gcse french

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by missbreak, May 17, 2011.

1. Why oh why have the changed teh whole layout of the paper from the 2010 exam and the specimen papers?
    We have spent hours preping students (even coming in at the weekend to work with them) supporting them through the "style" of questions that would come up and only had the 2010 papers really to work on.
    They then hammer us with all questions in English and grammatical gap fill. It's totally different.
    Thank you for shafting us once again exam boards.
    And I have to go infront of my head yet again in September and justify poor results - we have worked so bloody hard and so have teh kids - they were quietly confident and felt prepared.
    [​IMG]

2. mlapworth

mlapworth Occasional commenter

Lots of people have complained about a gap-filling question on the WJEC paper. What was this like? Multiple choice? Words provided below? No words provided?
    I know AQA has had gap-filling in their reading paper for a while (or at least until recently - I haven't seen any recent papers)