1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

WJEC GCSE Controlled assessment marking

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by Elanors Dad, Feb 23, 2011.

1. I have been a bit confused about what I can and cannot give 'advanced skills' marks for on the Year 10 controlled assessment.
    On the modelling part I have recently received a reply from WJEC saying the following are all OK to give advanced marks for
    Cross worksheet links
    drop down lists
    tick boxes
    hyperlinks

In most cases you will probably be thinking that is obvious - but as the list in the teachers guide seems to imply a fairly complete list then I wanted to check.
    The question is - does anyone have a more complete list - especially around the borderline - e.g. I have counted coloured backgrounds on a newsletter as a basic skill - would a multi coloured background be an advanced skill?

I asked the exam board for a more complete list but they only replied agreeing with the small list above - it would be usefull to hear what outhers are doing

thanks

Mike

2. I have been a bit confused about what I can and cannot give 'advanced skills' marks for on the Year 10 controlled assessment.
    On the modelling part I have recently received a reply from WJEC saying the following are all OK to give advanced marks for
    Cross worksheet links
    drop down lists
    tick boxes
    hyperlinks

In most cases you will probably be thinking that is obvious - but as the list in the teachers guide seems to imply a fairly complete list then I wanted to check.
    The question is - does anyone have a more complete list - especially around the borderline - e.g. I have counted coloured backgrounds on a newsletter as a basic skill - would a multi coloured background be an advanced skill?

I asked the exam board for a more complete list but they only replied agreeing with the small list above - it would be usefull to hear what outhers are doing

thanks

Mike

3. I would stick to the list for the first year as it is much easier to standardise and also likely to be moderated with ease. There was a,list of advanced skills for the portfolio skills from the previous specification but I am unaware of one for the new spec, I am using the tick sheet given on the CD at Inset.