1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

WJEC GCSE Business Studies

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by teacher2010, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Hi,
    I am just starting to teach the GCSE Business Studies qualification from the WJEC board - can anyone recommend a text book for students / teachers for the above qualification?

Also any useful web resources would be great too.

Thanks very much

2. Totally80s

Totally80s New commenter

No decent textbooks have come out for a while. I use a mix of Anderton's GCSE Business Studies and the CGP revisionbooks if I have to use texts. Otherwise it's all DIY sheets, presentations and judicious use of the web. For my own reference I have been buying old GCSE texts from Amazon for £0.01 +p&p. Old texts tend to use longer words and have more content. Gives the students a bit of a shock when I wheel them out.

3. i agree with the previous poster - i use the same mix of text books - no one text book i have found is good for everything
    i invested £10 to purchase the CDs from the brilliant revision station - some brill resources to use and adapt for what you need and at a great price.
    Alternatively if you don't want to buy the CD alot of the resources are available on the website - its just easier to use of the CD
    another good website is www.businessstudiesonline.co.uk

4. http://www.ngfl-cymru.org.uk/eng/vtc-home/vtc-ks4-home/vtc-ks4-bus_studies/vtc-ks4-bus_studies-wjec

5. Thanks for the links and book recommendations - look very useful.
    Regarding the text book - I have a copy of Alain Anderton GCSE Business Studies CCEA Third Edition - is that what is being used by other people?

Thanks again

6. angelcake123

angelcake123 New commenter

Hi I am starting to teach the existing WJEC GCSE Business Studies in September 2016 (yes indeed - the last year it is offered!!). We are currently AQA but recent news states they are not offering their course to N Ireland. Is there anyone out there willing to share resources to a girl who needs to write a course to deliver only once (as WJEC is changing again in 2017). I will gladly trade off resources. I will be staying with WJEC for the new spec and will gladly share resources for the new course when written. Thanking you in anticipation.

7. michael102

michael102 New commenter

Hi,

I have moved school and just started teaching it this year but am more than willing to send resources I have once I have sorted them all properly.

Feel free to drop me an email on onecoolcustomer@hotmail.co.uk to discuss some more for exactly what I have and what you want.

8. proclamation

proclamation New commenter

9. proclamation

proclamation New commenter

Hi, I am teaching AQA and WJEC (this year) both at once for two different groups. Most are doing AQA so I am using all the AQA notes and then adding a supplement for the WJEC- for topics they include but that AQA don't. The major difference is the examination style, so that will be priority in teaching. You are free to have resources when complete! The AQA ones are, and I will be adding the supplement during Easter

10. cgermaine

cgermaine New commenter

Hi. I am investigating GCSE Business specs for Sept 2016. I have not taught GCSE for a while as previously done BTEC and VCERT, but now exploring moving back to GCSE. I know they change in 2017, so it is yet more change. Can anyone recommend a GCSE board they they feel offers breadth in the course, things that are relevant to todays pupils and support from the exam boards. Any help would appreciated, as I trawl through the exam specifications.