1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

WJEC - do you find a similarity in the exam questions?

Discussion in 'Media studies' started by FilmGeek, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Hello,

I am a trainee teacher in Film Studies and I have been helping the students prepare for their exams. We have been looking at the previous exam papers from 2009-present and I have found some of the papers to be very similar in terms of their content. I know the individual sections stay the same, but I was just wondering if anyone else found that the questions are very similar?

The reason I am asking is due to some student feedback saying that they didnt find the course challenging enough, which could be down to the teaching. It could be a number of reasons why they dont find the course challenging!! However, I thought that in preparation for their exams then we can look at previous exams to help them, but then I began to think that if there is a similarity to the questions then they would perhaps find the exam questions easy and not challenging enough?

I am very new to all of this so please let me know what you think, I would also like to speak to the students to find out more about what they feel - however I am on a placement and dont want it to seem like I am being rude. I have been looking at this as part of my college project which includes discussing the issues we may face when teaching this subject so I thought that I would see if anyone else feels that some of the exam questions are similar and what impact this has on the learners.

Thanks for your time!Suggestions - ideas and opinions welcome!

Also does anyone know why or how it seems why I type a blog in paragraphs, the final article shows as one long bolg - sorry for this!

2. Hello,

I am a trainee teacher in Film Studies and I have been helping the students prepare for their exams. We have been looking at the previous exam papers from 2009-present and I have found some of the papers to be very similar in terms of their content. I know the individual sections stay the same, but I was just wondering if anyone else found that the questions are very similar?

The reason I am asking is due to some student feedback saying that they didnt find the course challenging enough, which could be down to the teaching. It could be a number of reasons why they dont find the course challenging!! However, I thought that in preparation for their exams then we can look at previous exams to help them, but then I began to think that if there is a similarity to the questions then they would perhaps find the exam questions easy and not challenging enough?

I am very new to all of this so please let me know what you think, I would also like to speak to the students to find out more about what they feel - however I am on a placement and dont want it to seem like I am being rude. I have been looking at this as part of my college project which includes discussing the issues we may face when teaching this subject so I thought that I would see if anyone else feels that some of the exam questions are similar and what impact this has on the learners.

Thanks for your time!Suggestions - ideas and opinions welcome!

Also does anyone know why or how it seems why I type a blog in paragraphs, the final article shows as one long bolg - sorry for this!