1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

WJEC Controlled Assessment A4 Notes Sheets- What's allowed and what's not?

Discussion in 'English' started by MissPob, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Hi everyone
    I'm new to WJEC and need to clarify what exactly is allowed on the A4 notes sheets the students prepare to help them in their CAs.
    In my understanding they CAN have
    Quotes, page numbers, key words but not in the order they will use them, "key approaches" whatever that means, sentence starters (not too sure about that one)
    they CAN'T have
    essay plan, model paragraphs, mindmaps/ spider diagrams, any annotations on quotes
    Any advice really gratefully received, and I'm happy to share resources with anyone doing similar stuff too.
    Thank you!

2. sunflower48

sunflower48 New commenter

Look on the WJEC website, the Teachers Guide gives examples. If you are still unsure email or phone Nancy Hutt who is the Subject Officer and is extremely helpful and reassuring. WJEC also respond swiftly if you leave a message.

3. Hiya, thanks for your reply. I do have that teacher's guide and I've just gone through it again but can't find more than a couple of lines of guidance! : /