1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

WJEC Catering

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by Salpot, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Can anyone help with SOW for Year 10's.
    I have chosen afternoon tea for Task I and I am floundering around in a panic with my planning for it. My students are EBD and do no work outside of the classroom, need masses of help and lots of proforma

2. Can anyone help with SOW for Year 10's.
    I have chosen afternoon tea for Task I and I am floundering around in a panic with my planning for it. My students are EBD and do no work outside of the classroom, need masses of help and lots of proforma

3. Don't panic!
    I have the same type of group and I have found the marking criteria really helpful.(we were given this sheet at training in November-called Catering Practical Task 1:performance Criteria)
    Break it down into small tasks and use your proformas.
    <u>Planning</u>- Some Investigation into the task(to back up choice of dishes)
    Dishes show range of skills (can give reasons for choice)
    Time Plan
    6-7 marks
    <u>Making </u>- Confident and competent working- even with medium or high level skills.
    Good standard of presentation
    Applies all safety and hygiene rules.
    11-15 marks
    <u>Evaluating- </u>Can evaluate the task and make some reasoned judgements
    6-7 marks
    These are all grade C descriptors.
    I have full sheet with all grades on and If your group is like mine estimated targets grades are all Fs and Gs.
    You could get this sheet from WJEC or give me your address and I will post it to you.
    I have spent a long time on time plans, using coloured paper for each method and then cutting and sticking in order to dovetail before writing them.
    <u></u>

4. Just seen this Thank you so much very helpful

5. Sorry would love a copy of your sheet
    Sally Cartwright
    Batchwood School
    Townsend Drive St Albans AL3 5RP
    sallycartwright@sky.com

6. In post 17/4/12
    Anne