1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

WJEC Board Exam Technique

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by mrkgib, Oct 27, 2013.

1. I am starting at a sixth form in which the a-level applied students are working towards their exam on the WJEC board. I've never taught this spec before and looking at past mark schemes I cant figure out how to deliver a solid exam technique, the marks dont seem to correlate the same way each time in terms of application, analysis, evaluation... some 8 mark questions want application, some 8 mark questions want analysis. I cant get my head around how to explain to the kids what each question is looking for! Should I base it on marks available? (if so, how!?) or key words in the question?

Does anyone have a guide, preferably a paper resource, that has solid exam technique tips for this board? Any help would be very appreciated.

2. I would focus on the key words in the question as the assessment objectives do change depending what the focus of the question is. The examiners report is a good guide to what they are looking for