1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

WJEC board AS Lit

Discussion in 'English' started by brontestar, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Does anyone teach the Welsh board at AS/A2 Level?We're changing to this board from September and planning now.For LT2 I'm thinking of teaching Gatsby-but unsure of what to partner it with.
    Any suggestions and feedback on how you've found the course/board most welcome!

2. We have been teaching the Welsh Board for a few years and one of my colleagues taught Gatsby. I think you can be quite eclectic with the partner text choices. We have a list of about 10 books and do sample activities involving them at the start of the term before students choose a text and read it, giving their own presentation on it. We study the main text and then they come up with their questions which they discuss with us.
    The board is really helpful and gets back to you with queries very quickly. Everything seems very smooth and well run.

3. gruoch

gruoch Occasional commenter

I have never taught WJEC at A level, but having looked at the spec and some past papers, I'd love to. Sooo much better than AQA.