1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

WJEC AS French question

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by MalcolmBreem, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Would a student answering the Welsh version of the paper be penalised for answering the translation section in English rather than Welsh. I don't see why they should be, but I was just wondering?

2. Ah, okay thank you for replying.

I'll admit I'm not really a teacher, but I'm a student that did this paper and I answered the translation in such a manner. :p
    I emailed WJEC before the exam and they said it would be okay. I suppose I'm just overly paranoid and worried. I suppose it must be alright if they said so.

I didn't find the listening too bad, but yes I thought it was quite a strange choice of topic. The bit where the woman was advising "Inspirez par le nez. Expirez par la bouche" made me laugh.

I personally find the main problem with WJEC's French papers is that the answers expected in the reading comprehension are too vague and difficult to find. Sometimes I think I'd struggle to get the answers they wanted even if the passage were in English! This paper seemed a but better in this respect though, so I was quite happy with that.

3. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

Eehee, a student working their way through on the tes, good on you! [​IMG] Glad you manage to laugh at your exam, if you read other threads, you'll find that the rest of us are rather ready to cry...

4. Haha, I like browsing TES. It's an interesting insight. Also, if my teachers aren't bothered to make use of resources other teachers have kindly shared, than I might as well go and find them myself. =P
    And yes, I get the feeling lots of other students in my class wanted to cry. My friends who did the GCSE weren't too amused with their paper either. It sounded horrendous.