1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

WJEC AS Ethics

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by helenwed, Sep 2, 2011.

1. I entered nearly 60 students for the WJEC AS Ethics Exam. Results this year were nowhere near as good as last year. Last year 2 students scored 100% and almost a third had over 90%. This year not a single student scored over 90! I taught both year groups using the same notes. I wonder if Raw marks have been entered instead of UMS - the paper is out of 90. When we go back to school I will ask for the return of some scripts so we can have look. Has anyone else noticed a dip in the WJEC AS Ethics results?

2. I entered nearly 60 students for the WJEC AS Ethics Exam. Results this year were nowhere near as good as last year. Last year 2 students scored 100% and almost a third had over 90%. This year not a single student scored over 90! I taught both year groups using the same notes. I wonder if Raw marks have been entered instead of UMS - the paper is out of 90. When we go back to school I will ask for the return of some scripts so we can have look. Has anyone else noticed a dip in the WJEC AS Ethics results?

3. It's the first time that we have taught it so there are no comparisons, but only one student out of 9 did as well as in their philosophy paper. Students scoring an a and a b in Philosophy scored far less in ethics and below their predictors taken from performance in the year. The exam paper also wasn't particularly hard. We have asked for the most disappointing paper back. Please keep me updated with your findings!

4. Look at the papers you get back and if you are unhappy then contact the
    subject officer who might ask for a centre remark if some of the papers
    that are re-marked are deemed to be unfairly marked. The subject officer is very approachable. As far as I am aware examiners
    have their marking sampled to check that they are marking consistently. It might well not be your
    notes - but whether your students used your notes
    to answer the question that was set.
    Hope that helps.