1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Wjec A2 Wjec MS3

Discussion in 'Media studies' started by beckyquinn, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Hi,
    Having never taught this module before, I was wondering if anyone out there could give me an overview of how they deliver this unit?
    Your help is much appreciated.
    Regards Bex

2. Hi,
    Having never taught this module before, I was wondering if anyone out there could give me an overview of how they deliver this unit?
    Your help is much appreciated.
    Regards Bex

3. Hi Bex
    MS3 - coursework. First I do a few sessions on research skills because they are very bad at this (well, mine are). Then we set their Research Investigations. They chose, I play around with their titles! I generally begin early November because I do one of the MS4 industries first. Then they have to research and produce a first draft (usually I give them about two weeks). Once the first draft is in they can begin doing their production work.
    All I can tell you is that it takes longer than you think it's going but I aim to finish it all by just after feb half term. I give them a double lesson a week and take in drafts.
    It's a good tip to make sure you get them to put work into the evaluation (and they know exactly what to put in to it) cos this can change their grade.
    Mine struggle with the essay to start with but then the brighter ones really get into it so word counts are another problem!

4. Hi Bazzie,
    Many thanks for your response that has really helped me and confirms that I am planning in the right direction!
    Kind regards
    Bex