1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

WJEC A2 speaking marks fair???

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by Eldorado, Aug 22, 2011.

1. One of my strongest speakers was awarded 53/60 raw marks, 62/80 UMS, Grade B for the WJEC FN3 paper. I am considering a remark, because I would have expected a much higher mark and her overall A2 mark was just one off the A* 90%
    Should I be complaining about a mark, which on the face of it seems very good, or the way a very good raw mark is converted into a not so good UMS mark? I do feel there is a lack of transparency in the relationship between raw marks and UMS marks. Are we given a complete list of raw marks to UMS or only the grade boundaries? Is the system fair? Do the raw marks in other subjects lead to similar UMS marks? I would be grateful for your comments.

2. One of my strongest speakers was awarded 53/60 raw marks, 62/80 UMS, Grade B for the WJEC FN3 paper. I am considering a remark, because I would have expected a much higher mark and her overall A2 mark was just one off the A* 90%
    Should I be complaining about a mark, which on the face of it seems very good, or the way a very good raw mark is converted into a not so good UMS mark? I do feel there is a lack of transparency in the relationship between raw marks and UMS marks. Are we given a complete list of raw marks to UMS or only the grade boundaries? Is the system fair? Do the raw marks in other subjects lead to similar UMS marks? I would be grateful for your comments.