1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

WJEC A2 IT4 Hardware

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by naturalcynic, Apr 22, 2012.

1. I am struggling to understand what is needed to get the mark for the hardware section of the user requirements. In the latest Examiners report it says the candidate must give details of backup devices or no mark is awarded. Is it enough to list mouse , keyboard, monitor, printer and discuss the different types of each (wireless, all in one etc) and then add in details of a removable hard disk, stating that data will be backed up at the end of the day ,and the hard drive taken home by the owner to keep it off site? If not, what else is needed? Would a memory stick be acceptable as a backup deveice, given the probable size of most of the databases designed?
    I am assuming that whatever method is used, this is refered to in the User Guide for the disaster recovery technique.

2. I am struggling to understand what is needed to get the mark for the hardware section of the user requirements. In the latest Examiners report it says the candidate must give details of backup devices or no mark is awarded. Is it enough to list mouse , keyboard, monitor, printer and discuss the different types of each (wireless, all in one etc) and then add in details of a removable hard disk, stating that data will be backed up at the end of the day ,and the hard drive taken home by the owner to keep it off site? If not, what else is needed? Would a memory stick be acceptable as a backup deveice, given the probable size of most of the databases designed?
    I am assuming that whatever method is used, this is refered to in the User Guide for the disaster recovery technique.

3. djphillips1408

djphillips1408 New commenter

justify the printer is perhaps the part you can spend most time on as kids have to consider the number of reports likely to be generated by the system, and then as you say pick your weapon of choice for back up. It's only a one mark section, you are not expected to write loads...