1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

WJEC A-level induction lesson

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by anon3919, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Theory or practical? If pacitical could teach some techniques such as macros from the IT2 task or ask them to create a DTP poster using as many of the softwares features as possible and then see how many match up to the basic and advanced features from task 1 or if theory could look at a topic such as IT in schools or in the home.

2. djphillips1408

djphillips1408 New commenter

I think I would echo the point about giving them a list of the basic and advanced features of DTP, tell them to use F1 and work them all out one by one. The other option is to emaphasise the imporatance of them getting off their bums and finding the relevant bits of paperwork that they will need from the company of their choice to get through the analysis section of the project. Perhaps you could get hold a few bits as examples of something suitable to give them inspiration. The major sticking problem I have found this year is that few were able to get docs that gave them 4 features that they could talk about in analysis of dtp to get the marks associated with that bit.

3. djp,
    I have SOOOOOOOOOO been there - why is it so difficult to get a few documents together?
    Absolutely bloody infuriating.