1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

'Wizard of Oz' Backing Track for Primary Production... Any Advice?

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by matt_moo, Jan 11, 2009.

1. I'm looking to do this as a Summer Production with my Year 6 class (and will sort out licensing rights, etc, nearer the time) but was wondering if anybody had a decent backing track CD or knew where (and if) there was one available for a reasonable price?

Cheers...

2. I'm looking to do this as a Summer Production with my Year 6 class (and will sort out licensing rights, etc, nearer the time) but was wondering if anybody had a decent backing track CD or knew where (and if) there was one available for a reasonable price?

Cheers...

3. Look on itunes, type in "wizard of oz karaoke" and i expect you can buy it.

El x

4. You are going about this the wrong way.
    You need to get the rights first - or apply, anyway, you may not actually be given them.
    Then you might well find that the Musical version is not available - the non-musical version is.
    In which case, you won't need the CD. And your kids won't feel let down.

5. You can't do the non-musical version in a primary school! It's just not right!

I'm not doing it until the Summer so will apply for the rights before then but just wanted to know what was available for rehearsals and stuff...

And thank you for the advice Ellie. :eek:D Will check it out.

x

6. If you get in touch with the rights holders now you will probably get information from them on things like backing tracks. Otherwise maybe Dress Circle? I think the thing is that if you're looking for stuff for rehearsals and you want to start casting/rehearsals you need to get the rights now, rather than starting rehearsals and applying after. [​IMG]

7. Did you ever find a cd of the backing tracks? I cant find one anywhere.