1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Withdrawn from off site visits

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by Ladykaza, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Urbanfaerie

Urbanfaerie Occasional commenter

OP - Is the parent expected to pay for said trips? If so perhaps this may be the issue? If not, has she said why she doesn't want them to go on the trips?
    Perhaps after her little darlings start complaining that they had to sit back at school all alone doing written work whilst their friends had fun on trips she will change her mind?

2. Urbanfaerie

Urbanfaerie Occasional commenter

OP - Is the parent expected to pay for said trips? If so perhaps this may be the issue? If not, has she said why she doesn't want them to go on the trips?
    Perhaps after her little darlings start complaining that they had to sit back at school all alone doing written work whilst their friends had fun on trips she will change her mind?

I remember when I was in school myself the parents didn't even get told unless they were expected to pay - my mum once showed up to collect my brother for a medical appointment only to find that his class was out on a trip somewhere (and they weren't even sure where!)