1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Withdrawing from interview process

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Teapot345, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Teapot345

Teapot345 New commenter

Have you ever felt so disheartened that you'd rather withdraw yourself from an interview than go through the motions of interview just to get it over with?

I did a mini-teach that I felt went so poorly I don't even know why I'm still waiting here for the panel bit next. Sat in a cafe wondering what to do and feeling pretty sick at the lot of it.

Would it be received positively (or at least, less negatively) by the school if one was to withdraw part way through to save everyone from wasting their time, having reflected on how ***** the mini-teach went?

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I think many people feel like that if it has gone less well than expected.

However, of course if it has indeed gone awry, they may well 'decide not to take your application forward and interview you'. If it went better compared to others and they do interview, you have two choices. To
    withdraw when they ask you to come through or if you think it may still be for you interview and decided at the point where they ask you 'Are you still a firm candidate for the post?'