1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Wish me luck....

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Nellyfuf2, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Nellyfuf2

Nellyfuf2 Established commenter

In between my thoughts for GDW, and the prayers for a little one belonging a friend, just diagnosed with lymphoma...
    Hmm.
    I am having a book launch. How exciting!
    It is to be in the park, in the community Rose Garden. We are having scones and cream and home made jam. And tepid tea.
    I made 42 scones last night. It think that might be significant?
    However, it is the 13th today. And it is 91% certain to be heavy rain.........
    A select few will attend. My family and the park gardening group. A few others.
    Isn't it exciting?
    The launch is from 12.15 to 12.30.
    No point overdoing things.
    I quite like this game of being a writer.
    Imagine, if instead of spending my evenings and weekends of my working life writing policies that no one read, repetitive reports, plagiarized repetitive planning for the long term, medium term, etc and action plans and evaluations and so on and so forth.....(itemizing the artifacts that would need to be available in the workshops areas, glue sticks, scissors, paper..... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz)
    ... all of which has contributed to the destruction of the planet......
    .... I had committed myself to the odd novel or other creative writing?
    We could all of us in the teaching profession write a book. Several books.
    Imagine turning up at your next performance management with your paperwork and handing over Chapter One, Chapter Two .......................
    "Where's your long term planning?!"
    "Oh, let me see, er, Chapter 15, that was the night I was going to write my long term planning......."

2. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

Good luck! What's the book about? Who's the publisher? Etc. Without giving your identity way, obvs...

3. anotherauntsally

anotherauntsally Lead commenter

Well done! Good luck! Were you not writing a book on local history? Is this it?

4. Shedman

Shedman Star commenter

Good luck with the book launch and I hope things work out well with your health. With all this wet weather today wrap up warm and don't go catching a nasty chill.

5. Jamvic

Jamvic Lead commenter

Very exciting. I hope it goes really well for you. If the weather where you are is anything like it is here you may need to move it indoors though or your scones will be soggy & your tea diluted.

slingshotsally and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  6. bajan

bajan Occasional commenter

This luck. Why not take a gazebo.

7. lizziescat

lizziescat Star commenter

Oh, lots of good luck.
    Hope it went well

8. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Congratulations Nelly. I am full of admiration for anyone who manages to actually finish a book, let alone go through all the palava of getting someone to accept it for publication.

Have a great celebration despite the weather. :D

slingshotsally likes this.
  9. Bedlam3

Bedlam3 Lead commenter

Exciting!

slingshotsally likes this.
  10. Nellyfuf2

It is local history! It went really well and it was fun. It was just drizzle and it was a nice community event.
    It is self published but what I have found is that anyone can write a book and anyone can publish a book.
    I found a printer that was cheap, £2.30 a copy and bought ISBNs which was the hardest bit. Draft2digital will convert any format into a nicely presented ebook for you, for free, and they will market it across the globe.......

So those poems that you wrote instead of writing what your employers wanted. You can publish them!

"Where are your medium term plans that should be on the school platform. All I found was a poem about some garden and flowers and angst/Chapter 12 of a crime novel?!"

11. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

That sounds very exciting. Well done. I'm glad it went well.

12. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

Brilliant, nelly. I’m glad it went well. Yes, imagine the combined numbers of novels that would equate to the nation’s teachers paperwork.

13. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Glad it went well for you.

14. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

Well done Nelly.Great work.

15. Burndenpark

Burndenpark Star commenter

Wow! Good luck, albeit late

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  16. Nellyfuf2

I have sold three ebooks today!
    Via facebook ad on the local area page.
    It's on a promotional price and the local paper (which is electronic too) is supposed to have announced the book launch and the promotional price which is 99p. That's so people interested in local history don't have to pay a load for it.

Norsemaid and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  17. Lara mfl 05

Yay! :) You're not only a 'published author' but actually sold your book. Great!
    For interest I wonder if your 'local area is one where I've lived and might be interested in buying . PM / send me a conversation, so you don't have to say on here.

18. Nellyfuf2

Sent...

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  19. Nellyfuf2

Lara mfl 05 conversation sent.
    If anyone else would like details just message me.
    Review would be grrrrr eat.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  20. Lara mfl 05

Been away on holiday but I'll check now @Nellyfuf2.