1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

wireless camera?

Discussion in 'Science' started by barnesphysics, May 8, 2012.

1. Hi there

I was thinking it would be a great idea to use a wireless camera in the classroom to project images of students work up on the interactive white board, show small demonstrations that students often crowd around and show interesting group work without having to move students to crowd around and move from their workspaces.
    Does anyone do this already? any recommendations for tech? obviously it would need to have a range of at least 10meters to get around the classroom without losing connection, any thoughts would be welcome

2. Hi there

I was thinking it would be a great idea to use a wireless camera in the classroom to project images of students work up on the interactive white board, show small demonstrations that students often crowd around and show interesting group work without having to move students to crowd around and move from their workspaces.
    Does anyone do this already? any recommendations for tech? obviously it would need to have a range of at least 10meters to get around the classroom without losing connection, any thoughts would be welcome

3. iPad / iPhone plus AppleTV ?

4. Yes, IPad 2 with camera, video capabilities etc. Connects to projector via cable

5. fiendishlyclever

fiendishlyclever Occasional commenter

Not very wireless though. Trouble with an Apple TV is that lots of projectors in schools (like mine) don't have a HDMI input so you need an adaptor. If you have an Android phone you could use that (assuming you can connect it to your school wifi) - here is someone who has tried it http://glengilchrist.co.uk/?p=933