1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Winterwatch

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lamaddalena, Dec 29, 2010.

1. I know the species. I have just the same here. White and bits of black (one paw) upside down with legs in the air. Likely to wake up any hour now.

2. Ooh, you better be careful. No sudden movements.
    We have another one lurking in the house somewhere but it hasnt been seen since dinnertime. It is more than likely residing in the wilderness (otherwise known as the spare room).

3. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

was that piece about badgers and TB on winterwatch?
    I just caught it. I am glad it looks like killing them is counter productive
    killing badgers always struck me as a much worse option than innoculating cows
    anyway...

4. impis

impis New commenter

Winter here has seen long tailed **** visiting my bird table for the first time, ever. Plus, we have 'aquired' an Indian Ring Necked Parakeet which squawks very loudly and seems to get on well with the local magpies. It has been feeding off birdtables, and has survived the cold spells without problem. [Well, they do come from the foothills of the Himalayas so you'd expect that, I suppose]. Anyway, its nice to see something exotic on a cold winter's day.