1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Winter babies 2011/2012

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by flirtyfi83, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Hi All, I have recently got my BFP and wondering if any other ladies are at a similar stage! My EDD is 1st December, still in disbelief at the moment as it was only our 3rd month TTC. Looking forward to hearing from other Mummys to be!

2. I hope some people join you soon Flirtyfi! I can't believe there is a winter 10/11 thread already! I am only on the Autumn 2011 thread and baby is due 4th October, but this thread is making me feel really pregnant already! lol. Congrats on your pregnancy! :)

3. [​IMG] As a Winter 2010/11 mummy I've been eagerly awaiting the start of this thread! Good luck with your pregnancy!

4. Can I join please?! I got my first ever BFP yesterday and am soooo excited [​IMG]

5. congrats ladies getting your BFPs. it's the start of an amazing journey - good luck to you all x

6. Hiya, Congratulations on your BFP's!
    I got mine a few weeks ago and baby is due 14th Nov, I'm 7 weeks and 6 days. This is our first and we are so excited. Had an early scan on Sat and saw our babies little heartbeat and were reassured everything appears to be "boringly normal". Never have 2 words ever sounded so wonderful!
    I'm not sure if I should be in Autumn babies but going to hang around here if noone else minds.
    Really looking forward to getting to know you all.[​IMG]

7. Am so glad the heavy/full feeling is normal - Ive been worried about it all weekend!! Have had an interesting day in school today, running to the loo every hour on the hour between classes - Im going to have to come up with a good excuse very soon, thank god its half term for us on Friday, might be able to train my bladder over the 2 week break lol (I can live in hope anyway!).
    Hope you've all been ok today ladies [​IMG]

8. Didn't realise this thread had started. Well hello ladies. I got my BFP a week ago. Wasn't meant to happen as I have PCO but for the last 2 months I had a normal ish cycle with EWCM (before that cycles were non existant really). By some miracle I concieved. My gp today couldn't believe it and was just so excited for me.
    She gave me a huge pack of leaflets and books which I have read through and it was very exciting. Unfortunatly I am scared stiff of giving birth and it is spoiling things a bit for me (why I do these things to myself I'll never know). Hoping I get a grip. I have found a hypnobirthing place so hope to go there and deal with my stupid issue.
    Waiting for the midwife to ring and have my meeting. Looking forward to that.
    My due date according to my monthly cycles is 4th Dec but Dr said 6th. Either way I am excited about it and I just hope it all goes well.
    Good luck to us all. [​IMG]

9. Oh and I know the dashing to the loo feeling. I normally don't wee all day at school (strong bladder) but I am there every break timeand free period I have.
    My boobs are killing and they are tiny so no idea how something so small can hurt so much and I have sickness more in the evenings although it is mildly there all day. BP is low so that doesn't make me feel much better. I kind of like the sickness becuase I feel like things are OK IYSWIM.

10. So far having to pee all the time is the only thing that is slightly annoying! The rest of it I am loving.
    The sickness isn't too bad as long as I eat every few hours, so trying to keep to little and often (which suits me, I love my food). Tiredness has really kicked in the past week or so, but luckily we are on Easter break now for two weeks so planning lots of rest.

11. Well I'm 31 been married for 7 years and trying for 7 months.
    I teach secondary and I am currently worried about how stressed I am with the whole exam season upon us. I guess the bonus is in a few weeks my timetable will be tiny when all my exam classes go on study leave. Right now I am running around like a blue a r s e d fly and doing 4 nights of after school revision too plus wehave ameeting on the 5th day. No taking it easy then.
    I haven't told work. Feel it is just too early but they want to book me on a course for next year and I hopefully won't be there (or I'll be going off soon after).
    Has anyone else started telling work? I'm only 5 weeks so early days. I haven't told anyone other than my OH. No one at work would gues unless someone is monitoring my wee stops.
    I would like an early scan but won't know until my midwife calls.

12. Morning Missjivebunny, did you tell your mum and dad? What did they say!?! My mum burst into tears when I told her :0) xx

13. Glad your parents were delighted [​IMG]
    Have done another test this morning to make sure this is actually real and Im not imagining it! Nice dark line tho confims this is for real [​IMG]
    Hope you all have a lovely day ladies x

14. Hi ladies I have got an appointment today with my gp, did they do anything else Jessie? I've also been testing again, it's so hard when there's nothing to see to believe it's actually happening! It does feel good when a dark line comes up really quickly! Has anybody been tempted to buy anything yet or are you waiting? X

15. congratulations Ladies. Wishing you all happy and healthy pregnancies. I hope your thread will be as supportive as the winter 2010/2011 thread has been for me.
    SR and lo 9 weeks (from winter 2010/2011

16. No they just did another test to confirm the pregnancy (hmmm that would be 7 positives now - I think I believe them all now!) No not bought anything yet and prob wont for a while. My Mum has bought a tiny little winter outfit tho [​IMG]

17. missjivebunny

missjivebunny New commenter

Hi ladies, hope you are feeling ok and you've had a nice day!
    I got my booking in letter from the midwife today, for next Friday. But it says that I have to be 9 weeks pregnant and they seem to have overlooked the fact that I haven't had a dating scan yet. Better get onto that tomorrow!
    Me too!

18. Hello all, happy to be joining you all although still feel I may jinx something by telling people I am pregnant, even if it is online! I think I am 7-8 weeks, due 1st December. I saw my GP last week and two days later the midwife rang to arrange a visit to my home during Easter hols. She said it will take over and hour and will take blood, etc. then. I will be about 8-9 weeks when she comes I think.
    Feeling so ill all the time, know it is probably a good sign, but it is 24/7. Have not been sick once, just feel so terrible, like the worst hangover! Cann't even eat or drink as feel so bad.
    Have been keeping an eye on this thread and just got round to posting, so hope everyone is feeling better than me and we all have healthy pregnancies and hope lots of others will be joining us soon.

19. daisy_chain

daisy_chain New commenter

Hello ladies!
    Well it feels very weird to be joining you! I am only 5 weeks, due 13th December. Apart from sore boobs and tiredness (which is "mild" pms for me!) I feel in no way pregnant! In fact, I am feeling bloody fantastic as my horrid period really is the pits! I will enjoy it while it lasts!
    Sorry you are not feeling so good Star! Hope the next few weeks go in quick and you feel better soon!
    I phoned to make my GP appt today which was totally surreal. I honestly can't believe it! I am still peeing on a cheapie every other day to check this is for real! Please tell me to stop!

20. missjivebunny

missjivebunny New commenter

Hi girls,
    God what a horrible morning I've had. I started bleeding this morning, so the doctors told me to go straight to the Early Pregnancy Unit. I had a scan, but all they could see was the gestational sac and yolk sac and a little line which was the embryo. No heartbeat yet - they dated me as 4 weeks and 3 days. I didn't ask as I was all over the place, but I'm not sure if that meant 4+3 since conception or if that would make me 6+3 by doctor's dates. Wish I'd asked as I'm still non the wiser about my due date.
    Anyway they said they see no reason why anything should be wrong as my HCG levels were fine. I've got another scan on the 26th, so it's going to be a long 2 weeks I think. The nurse said she expects to see a heartbeat then.
    Hope you're all having a better day than me! xxx