1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Winter babies 2010/2011

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by ladybug3, Mar 10, 2010.

1. We got the call today so will be a busy couple of days here. Joy. OH as unsupportive as ever - LO was awful this morning. Really challenging (think I need the book - thanks for the recs). OH doesn't tell me he is out tonight. Obviously, he didn't know about the inspection but when he did find out no offer to stay to help me get LO to bed or offer to help in any capacity. Just went out. ARGHH. Astra - sadly, you haven't grasped the fact that I STILL am chronic insomniac!! On the rare occasions LO sleeps I wake up! WB - don't worry re potty training. Sounds like it's going ok. She'll get it when she's ready to get it. Am impressed that you have 10 presents. I would struggle with 1. How long do you have to get organised for bday? What about finger print cuff links? Not sure if anybody thought of that. Could always do some photo gifts too. HOpe you pregnant ladies and new mums are doing ok. LOs sleep worse than ever - Lily, how is your LO sleeping as we seem to lead a double life!? Better go - bit more work left to do.

2. Sleep appalling. Worse than before. Over the weekend, LO woke up at 9.30pm then wouldn't sleep - even when she went into our bed. Last night she woke at 11.15pm and again, wouldn't go to sleep. I think she's fighting a virus though, despite behaving fine and acting well during the day. Her eyes have been starting to go gunky and red and she also looked like she had a bit of nappy rash tonight. I'm knackered as a result though.

Sorry guys - too tired to write anymore.... x

3. Lily, sleep sounds rubbish! When my LO is like that it often turns out that she's ill. We had a week of horrendous sleep before we realised/she could tell us that she had earache. Not that I hope your LO is poorly, but at least it's a reason. Jones, good luck with Ofsted, sorry your OH is being a muppet. Thanks for pressie ideas, I've already ordered a load so stuff from notonthehighstreet.com which is all personalised (well about 4 things!). Mainly aiming for edible presents now, or things LO can make so we'll see how we go. Sent her to nursery in pants. We had one wee on the floor this morning and total refusal to use the potty so I wish them luck!! Also, we've had no poo for 2 days so
    Goodness only know what will happen. I didn't plan it for her 2 nursery days
    I just followed her lead, but I do feel a bit bad for them. I sent 3 sets of clothes and extra shoes, just in case.

4. kittenmittens

kittenmittens New commenter

Don't worry wormburger, they're used to it all at nursery- by packing the spare clothes you're doing everything you can. Do you have a long journey there and back? I think we'll need pull ups when the time comes as it took over an hour to get through the traffic yesterday. It's not even very far home but really annoying drive, loads of traffic lights and busy motorway for 1 junction. You're doing well with presents!
    Jones, thinking of you re: Ofsted. Totally agree your OH has been a muppet going out, in fact am outraged on your behalf. Hope it all goes well x
    Astra, thanks for asking after me, I'm very well thanks and have loads more energy! Love the 2nd trimester :) 18 weeks tomorrow, baby wriggling lots. Can't wait for scan to find out what it is! Pregnancy is pretty much the same as with mini Kitten so OH reckons it's a girl but I'm not sure. He would really like a boy... can't decide which I would rather have!
    PM how are you feeling? xx
    SR great development with TTC news! x

5. LO is back in nappies! She was so distraught at nursery that they put one on for her to do poo, put her back in pants afterwards and she promptly wet herself and was hysterical again. Oh dear. Worried that I've delayed the whole thing now by setting her up for failure so soon into the process. This parenting lark is hard isn't it?!

6. WB - don't worry. Being a parent is certainly not easy but I don't think you need to worry about doing LO psychological damage. She will get the hang of it when she's ready I guess. Hope you ladies are all ok. So, Ofsted is now gone and think it went as well as we could have hoped for. Hooray. So, another weekend and already OH planning ot go out with his mates again. Granted, I appreciate that doing your own thing twice a week doesn't seem like much but given recent run it is annoying. Anyway, there you go. Hope you have a good weekend xx

7. wormburger - try not to worry. My LO is 2 1/2 and not potty trained - we tried in the Easter hols and he just wasn't ready so gave in until summer hols.
    jonesec - no doing your own thing twice a week doesn't but do you get the same consideration? That would change the situation somewhat. Glad your Ofsted went well.
    Well slapped cheek at work - midwife said best to stay off - will be sorted at scan on Thursday. NHS direct said that no reason to be off work. Who do you go with? Head told me not to come to work on Monday but ahhhhhhhhh. - why can't they automatically test for these things when pregnant (for teachers)

8. I'd stay off Bradley. Especially as Midwife and Head are saying the
    same thing (what are the chances?!?) You make a good point though.
    Perhaps teachers should be tested for slapped cheek as soon as they get
    pg? When I talked about TTC plans with the GP a week or so ago, she
    trawled through my (many many) pages of blood test results and checked
    up on my rubella status etc. Quite thoughtful of her.
    WB, ahh
    well. It will come. I was reading a book yesterday that said even 4
    weeks more maturity can be enough for something like potty training to
    click.
    Jones, glad Ofsted have departed. Sleep not been brill
    here (but can't normally complain. LO has been feeling poorly and
    getting a temperature - something going round the nursery I think. We
    had an argument about drinking milk in the middle of last night (she
    wanted some more and I said no way) I'm afraid I am not a very
    sympathetic mummy at 3am!
    Week and a half to go before next nurse
    weigh in. Haven't fallen off the diet wagon yet. Except tonight I've
    had a kit kat and marshmallows. Lack of sleep and AF are not a good
    combination!
    Hope you are all ok. Kittens have you got a moving update? Astra did you put on fb that you'd been running? wow.
    Have a lovely weekend everyone. We're going to Andy's tick tock time machine tomorrow (Andy from Andy's wild adventures)

9. Arghhh, can't cope with this new site, took me ages to find you all! Sleep is now rubbish here, anyone who copes with this on a regular basis has my complete admiration, it was the constant whinging today because she was so tired, refused to nap as well that did my head in.... Gave up and resorted to Peppa and Cinderella. Must go and get the Chinese. Hope you all navigate here successfully!

10. Yuck! I do not like the new look TES at all but at least our thread survived!

WB I've given up on the whole potty training, I may try again at half term but she really isn't interested.

Ooh ok soo asks it back you can scroll and see more posts than the last one so I actually like it!

Jones: Well done on ofsted at least it is all down now.

Bradley stay away, I certainly would. Hope yo and other fellow pg ladies are feeling better now, I have started to feel movement (17 + 4 now) and am loving it! However Macy has given up her day naps so I am always shattered. People have work have started asking now as I'm showing lots. I enjoy telling the kids no and then watch them squirm and think I've just out on weight!

SR good luck with everything, remember I'm living proof ( touch wood) that you can successfully conceive/carry with. Thyroid problem. I am under obstetrician care rather than midwife just so they can monitor, I know I'm higher risk of miscarriage/ early labour/ low birth weight or stillborn but you simply can't let yourself get bogged down in worry. Right now baby is healthy and I'm happy x

Had a lovely day at a friend's kids' birthday party her Los are 1 and 3 next week so she had a joint do and all the kids that attended were well behaved, no tears or tantrums from any of them. Macy was very slow to 'pass the parcel' which could have resulted in some fisty cufts but all they others were very good with her. When we left, un pro,ted she said to my friend 'thank you for a lovely day'. Fab all round.

Love to all

Elasti

Xx

11. Hey! Finally found the thread! Hope it's easier to post on here. Annie I know what you mean with sleep. I had a full night for first time in a week last night - don't know how others cope on a regular basis! Andy's tick rock time machine was brilliant. LO shouted out 'oh no' at an appropriate moment. Everyone in the theatre laughed and the actors on stage responded to it - I was crying with laughter! Good point elasti- you're proof! Hope you're all enjoying the weekend - and I hope this posts!

12. Well, I've found you all, hiding amongst the new format. I must say, I find this all very confusing. How can I find a list of threads? I don't want most active, just a list of what threads there are on a particular forum.

SR - glad you enjoyed Andy's Tick Rock Time Machine. Sounds great. I'm envious of how much stuff you (and others) seem to go to. Would love to take LO to see Justin Fletcher in some show or other, but they never seem to head up here!

For the first time, LO sat on the toilet (admittedly with her clothes on) but she actually looked proud of herself, rather than crying and jumping straight off. Feels like a bit of a break through. Now to get her sit there without clothes. Am still not planning to potty train until the summer so not really pushing her.

I wonder if we'll lose any posters who simply can't find us....

13. Ooo found you! I think. Thanks for facebook link. Gonna see if this works first. Ella crawling all over me, better go xx

14. I really hope we don't loose people on this thread. The navigation from my iPhone is really tricky! X

15. It said my post had failed, but it's here so that's good I suppose. It is tricky from my phone too - grr.

WB - think you've made the right decision re nappies/potty training. Hate seeing them upset. Hope you're doing ok with the 50 presents!

Bradley - I'd stay off. We had it in our school last year when a colleague was pregnant, and she was so stressed out having to have extra scans for ages, etc. It's not worth the worry. Plus you might get a bit of time to properly recover after so much sickness x x

SR - Andy is sooooo annoying but glad your LO enjoyed it :) x

Hope everyone gets more sleep soon - teething is rumbling on here along with colds and lots of snot. Fun fun fun. Plus lesson obs that didn't go too well :( Oh well. move on to the next one!!

Sorry to everyone I've missed, hope everyone finds us x

16. I am totally confused but thought i would do a quick post to see if it works! Why did they need to change it! X

17. Well this site is bloody awful. Another own goal, well done TES.

Well done on surviving Ofsted Jones.

Hope all pregnant ladies are feeling a little better.

I can't remember who mentioned pull ups, but at the moment Tesco are doing 2 packs for £10 on their own brand ones. I've got some because they are better value than normal nappies at that price. LO keeps having a go and then giving up on the whole potty training thing. I'm planning to really make an effort with it over the summer.

We finally have a date that looks like it might work for the house move. Hopefully it'll be mid-June but we'll know for sure on the 3rd which is exchange day. Just got to keep everything crossed now.

At the moment we're planning on TTC from December, so hopefully we'll be bump buddies SR!

Must get on and do some marking and reading up before SATs next week.

18. Well this site is bloody awful. Another own goal, well done TES.

Well done on surviving Ofsted Jones.

Hope all pregnant ladies are feeling a little better.

I can't remember who mentioned pull ups, but at the moment Tesco are doing 2 packs for £10 on their own brand ones. I've got some because they are better value than normal nappies at that price. LO keeps having a go and then giving up on the whole potty training thing. I'm planning to really make an effort with it over the summer.

We finally have a date that looks like it might work for the house move. Hopefully it'll be mid-June but we'll know for sure on the 3rd which is exchange day. Just got to keep everything crossed now.

At the moment we're planning on TTC from December, so hopefully we'll be bump buddies SR!

Must get on and do some marking and reading up before SATs next week.

19. I don't understand why I can't just go straight to this final page. Seems daft. Anyway, we are still here:) and I like being able to scroll back and look at the whole page.

Am sitting on my bed hiding from Zoe to do work. A little break before marking the next set of books!

WB, don't worry about the potty training. It will happen. Never good for little people to get upset over these things. Teething is rumbling on here too, MB- one back one through, three to go and a constant upset tummy- that is when I am so glad about LO using the toilet!

Jones, glad Ofsted OK

Elasti, nice to hear you are doing OK.

Well, my first antenatal friend has her second baby and my sister has had her scan and number 2 is due on 26th November. Three people at work pregnant, two of them with number 2 and their first ones are younger than Zoe. And I still don't feel broody!

Oh, and in other news, AF finally arrived today- 9 weeks since the last one!

Right, sorry, that was a proper rambling set of comments, off to do more work. Have to read some policies. Boring!

20. L b not looking forward to upset tummy as she won't poo on the toilet yet, only in the potty. Yuk I reckon. Although because I use nappies for sleep, she tends to do number twos when she wakes in the nappy. Hope z ok xx