1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Winter babies 2010/2011

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by ladybug3, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Just lost a post, so the the shortened version - am knackered as LO was in our bed last night from about 9.30pm and then squirmed and kicked me all night. Was so cross! Then she's taken ages to go to sleep for her nap. Bring on tonight when I can go to bed......! x

SR - hope you;'re OK after LO's fall. Sounds like a really scary thing. But, totally agree with what the others said about being bouncy.

2. Break from writing up composition marking......... OH has taken LO to out-laws so I've got out of seeing them - a definite win there!
    SR - horrible thing to happen. LOs do bounce and it is horrible when something happens when they are with someone else. However unfortunately these things happen (thinking here of the staple incident and then the pulled elbow - 2 visits to A&E and she's only 2 - good job I have social workers in the family!!!!) and unless we dress them up in padded suits and helmets things are going to happen. Maybe you shouldn't tell your OH that such things exist - he may get ideas! Hope he has calmed down.
    Lily - hope you get some sleep.

Hmm my dream job came up this week in the TES - head of music in a prep school not far away - full time/part time you can negotiate but after much umming and aching I've decided I want another no.2 much more than a new job so it can wait. At least these things do come up once in a while.

Enjoy tomorrow all! I love three day weekends. Back to the compositions - they are mounting an assault on my ears! I will have to listen to something decent once I've finished to wipe out the ear worms!

3. Evening ladies. Hope you are having good BH weekend. Annie - result on inlaws!! Impressed. Shame about the marking though. SR - BIG sympathies. My LO fell off the changing table which was awful and then OH dislocated his elbow. These things happen in a split second - you aren't at fault, neither is your friend. Btw SR, your memory is remarkable. Have no ideas re conception dates! Ok so had couple of lovely days with LO. We actually had two nights of sleep on the trot. LO was gorgeous on Fri and Sat. Went out last night to friends and my parents were babysitting. Sadly, LO had awful night and I just seem to find it harder to cope with. Cue naughty and miserale LO and miserable and irritable mummy. Also, got ditched by OH again for 5 hours this morning. Can't be too cross as he did get ups yesterday and today but h has been out with his mates 4 times this week and he left work early on Fri to go out with them. I can't get him to leave work early for us. ARGHHHH. Anyway, ashamed of myself, LO was awful this morning. Then perked up a bit but was hateful this evening and I totally lost it. Now feel awful. Think I need anger mgt lessons or something. Hope pregnant ladies feeling better. NED - any house news? Kittens - are you still with us? Lots of love xx

4. princessmelody

princessmelody New commenter

Had an amazing weekend- am shattered now! Had scan on Friday which shows I'm having another boy- am really pleased after being a bit worried about how I would feel. Hope everyone else is enjoying the sunshine/time off. PM x

5. hi all!

SR glad your lo is ok. Scary.

Jones don't feel bad, I'm sure we all get wound up by our
    toddlers at times - I certainly do! I shouted at mine yesterday and
    then lay awake feeling guilty and had to think of all the times that day
    I had been nice to him before I could sleep. I usually try to use my
    quiet calm teacher voice ha ha.

Argh think LO2 has colic - he screams inconsolably in the
    late afternoons/ evenings and not even boob helps for once. OH went out
    tonight so I was reading bedtime story to G 'Peppa Pig goes to the
    Vet' VERY LOUDLY and VERY FAST, with a screaming baby in sling! Poor
    child - amazingly he did go to sleep (the big one!) The sling is only
    thing that sometimes helps.

PM great news, join me in the 2 boys club!

Annie... one day you may discover a genius composer!

Bradley your child is houdini. Wow that's pretty impressive escapology!

Happy bank hols meant to be sunny tomorrow xx

6. Argh! My beautiful sleepy toddler is now an insomniac! The same happened last night as previous night. She woke at 9.30pm and then was a awake. She slept next to me for another couple of hours and then awake, tossing and turning. I slept on sofa and OH had her, but 3 hours later she still wasn't asleep. I think it got to the stage where OH dumped a crying LO in her bed then she zonked out, without duvet (as I had taken it to sleep on sofa!). Why is she doing this?! I can only think she's starting to become poorly or something, but it is soo frustrating, considering she was sleeping so well! (obviously our punishment).

Misss LB - sorry to hear about LO2 and colic. Hope it eases soon.

PM - great news about boy no. 2! Far cheaper with clothes I say! xx

7. pm - fab news
    Miss L - I agree about the houdini! and sorry about the colic.
    fab day - only been sick once! yey -
    LO has informed me tonight that we are having a boy and it is going to be called Harry. First I had heard about it! he he - we shall see. Been shopping for some clothes for holiday - yesterday into city believe it or not Primark had best vest tops as they were really long (need to be to go over bump!) everywhere else were much shorter. (well thats me anyway!) got some new t-shirts for LO and new jeans/trousers - he has finally outgrown 12-18 month bottoms and gone straight into 2-3 (only in next though - adjustable waists) no idea how. He has loads of shorts that still fit round the waist from last year so they are going to be recycled. Just need some new flip flop type shoes and we are set for hols at the end of this month.
    Anyway - avoiding work seems to be the aim off the game. Better go x

8. pm - fab news
    Miss L - I agree about the houdini! and sorry about the colic.
    fab day - only been sick once! yey -
    LO has informed me tonight that we are having a boy and it is going to be called Harry. First I had heard about it! he he - we shall see. Been shopping for some clothes for holiday - yesterday into city believe it or not Primark had best vest tops as they were really long (need to be to go over bump!) everywhere else were much shorter. (well thats me anyway!) got some new t-shirts for LO and new jeans/trousers - he has finally outgrown 12-18 month bottoms and gone straight into 2-3 (only in next though - adjustable waists) no idea how. He has loads of shorts that still fit round the waist from last year so they are going to be recycled. Just need some new flip flop type shoes and we are set for hols at the end of this month.
    Anyway - avoiding work seems to be the aim off the game. Better go x

9. Evening ladies. Hope you all enjoyed the lovely sunshine. Bradley - great news on feeling a bit better. PM - I agree, much cheaper second time around though (I will dare ask the unthinkable question _ were you hoping for a girl?) I would certainly understand - remember feeling rather disappointed when I found out that LO was a boy (shame on me I know). Glad you are feeling ok about it though. Lily - I too have had insomniac toddler. Am praying tonight is better. Also slightly worried that he is an insomniac like me. At least LO has been much more pleasant today. I did feel guilty about being mean yesterday though. Went out with LO this morning. OH actually came along. Came home and invited my parents round as OH can't be bothered to spend any time with us. Amazing really that even when he is actually at home he is actually less use than when he's not here as he just causes a distraction. I really hate the way he sees sitting down for a meal or doing something mundane with LO as a total waste of time. ARGHH. Rant over. At least it's a short week. Hooray.

10. princessmelody

princessmelody New commenter

Jones- ask away! I always wanted a boy first so that was fine. Then I always said I wouldn't mind what came next. Then as the scan approached I worried that I WOULD mind. But I don't feel disappointed- am slightly annoyed at the response of some people though- ESP my MIL. She has 2 boys and made no secret that she wanted me to have a girl. She calls my LO 'grandmas best boy' which I've always avoided in case I had another child and it was a boy. Either she'll continue and then the new one will be left out- or she'll stop and then LO will be put out! I did gymnastics and football (as well as music) when I was a kid so I have no urge for ballet classes or dressing up. And- being the only princess really does suit me!!!

11. PM - totally understand re MIL. Not ideal. Glad you are happy about it though. I wouldn't know what to do with a would be ballerina or a LO liking pink so probably just as well I spend time in the garden running around kicking a rugby ball!

12. Well while we're on the subject - 'Raising Boys' - any good? I hear so. And number 2 question - any of you still have cradle cap with your toddlers? It's unnoticeable to most but you part her hair and its there .. Have tried olive oil, tea tree, massage, combing after shampoo, all of it. I bought done head and shoulders and tried that tonight although it might be a bit harsh on her scalp? Hopefully will make a difference. In other news Ridley slept 8 hours for the last 3 nights so I'm thanking the sleep gods for that!!!

13. Hey, ladies. We were slipping down there! I hope you all enjoyed the sunny weather and extra hols, back to normal now! I've started potty training, LO sort of initiated but OH is totally OCD about stuff so is deeply unhappy about it alll , verging on unhelpful. Read my other thread if you fancy a giggle. End of day one - 4 wees in the potty & 4 on the floor. Doesn't sound great but we did manage a 2hr trip out in just pants (with clothes obvs) and also no nap which makes her quite uncooperative & cranky. Feeling quite pleased with myself now that I've finally got my act in gear - she'll b 3 in Sept. right. Apologies for not responding to others, just a quickie.

14. Brave little ones SR and Bunique and no SR, I can't bieve we've been posting 3 years!!

15. On Mother's Day in march I always think that's when s was conceived! Don't bloody k ow when it was with R!!

16. Astra, posts crossed! I have a copy of raising girls & it's ace. Well done Ridley! OH & friend having a dodgy (1960's-1980's) comedy night downstairs so I may have to hide with a book. I think they want to educate me about proper humour but as I wasn't born til 1981 isn't nor really my cup of tea!

17. WB I didn't know there was a girls version thanks. Think of you often - how ate the plans for the 50th? Miss LB hope you're feeling ok and Bradley, kittens and all preggo ladies!

18. Sorry miss lb meant to say I had same re colicky nightmare and infacol was our saviour x

19. Jones if you think LO might actually be an insomniac like you have any techniques worked for you that you could apply to LO? Worth a shot?

20. Plans are non existent Astra! OH still hasn't decided when he will start chemo so we can't make any plans to go away. As for my idea of 50 pressies, I've got about 10 so it's not looking good!