1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

wingers?

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by septimushexus, Mar 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. septimushexus

septimushexus New commenter

[This comment/image/section has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions. You should note that this is a forum for providing support and advice to colleagues with problems]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2016
  2. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Got many friends have you ?

InkyP and senlady like this.
  3. septimushexus

lots, all in SLT

4. senlady

senlady Senior commenter

they could all be ***** or needing support but if that's the case there'll be a hell of a lot more of them once the government changes the way teachers are qualified!!!! o_O:rolleyes:

5. wanet

wanet Star commenter

6. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Rather explains your post then doesn't it.

For the record, many really good teachers have been put on capability because schools either wanted to save money on older, more expensive staff or sometimes for other reasons.

I have a friend who is going through the process right now, she isn't rubbish, she's a fine teacher who gets terrific results in a subject that isn't easy to get good results in, is loved by her pupils and who is one of the best mentors of PGCE students I've ever seen.

Why is she being forced out ? - well that I cannot put on here but it is utterly unfair.

So if your post is a piece of trolling you have my heartfelt contempt. If you really feel like that then all I can say is that one day it happens to you.

Good night.

7. septimushexus

8. Yoda-

Yoda- Lead commenter

Perhaps you have had a rather limited experience of the full current Teaching experience? Your post rather suggests this. Lucky you.

Workplace dilemmas is for asking and giving advice. As you have none to give and none to ask about for yourself, why post here at all? Perhaps you're a Troll? Bye. Time to press the ignore button.

9. septimushexus

Sorry, I was trying to play devils advocate in order to get a different opinion. You are correct perhaps better to post else where.

10. Camokidmommy

Camokidmommy Established commenter

Regardless of what you think, there are possibly people out there who are asking for help. I wouldn't want to ignore a request for help if I thought I could be of support. One day it may be me asking strangers for help. We don't know the full picture for anyone on this site but as considerate humans we should be showing some compassion. If you cannot see your way to doing this then you have nothing to add so should say nothing.

ilovepoppies likes this.
  11. Camokidmommy

Camokidmommy Established commenter

And another thing... Teachers who are struggling should be supported not victimised. Isn't that what we do with our pupils - support...

12. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

I thought this was a post about netball.

It's 'whingers'.

lanokia, InkyP and Billie73 like this.
  13. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

plebiscite
    Pronunciation: /ˈplɛbɪsʌɪt/

/ˈplɛbɪsɪt/
    noun
    1The direct vote of all the members of an electorate on an important public question such as a change in the constitution: the administration will hold a plebiscite for the approval of constitutional reforms

14. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

Did you mean plebeian?

15. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.