1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Windy Windy

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Milkandchalk, May 23, 2011.

1. Milkandchalk

Milkandchalk New commenter

I had a parting in my hair at some point. Our poor wee Primary 1s were actually blown off their feet today!

2. FrauSue

FrauSue New commenter

A poster which I had stuck up above the window (which was open) fell off the wall and blew out onto the playground today!

3. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

would that be air mail then ?

4. bloody hell...just because they typed there when they should have typed their.

5. FrauSue

FrauSue New commenter

Bauble - it took me a good minute to get the joke! Wind has clearly got to my brain.[​IMG] (And no comments about where wind usually ends up, please ...)

6. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

It's funny you should mention this. Just the other day I was explaining to a doubtful Mr K that people get irrititable with the wind, especially blustery, buffeting type winds . . . . . not so much the wind that is constant in force and direction.
    Today has been okay for me, but sometimes it really affects my mood.
    There are trees down. Wheelie bins all over the streets as it's bin day round here. Green leaves and branches ripped from the trees and some of my lovely flowers have been blown over completely, stalks snapped. Not happy. The neighbours parasol (it was folded down) ended up in our garden somehow. It must have jumped over the 5' high hedge like an olympic athlete.
    Who is in charge of the climate? Hmmp . . . .well they forgot to pencil-in May in the calendar!!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I went to collect my grandson from school - an hour's walk. Very scary!
    I'm assuming that the two cables which have detatched themselves from the lamp post across the road are telephone cables - I hope they're not electricity cables seeing as how they're snaking around on the around the massive branch off the tree just down the street.

8. There's a fire started up here because of electricity cable coming down onto trees! The roads are covered in bits of branches and all the cos look miserable. Oh! I can edit all my posts on Personal and not just on the pinned thread - excellent.

9. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I'll do it for you, shall I [​IMG]
    cows?

10. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Och, and I'll do my own while I'm at it [​IMG]
    This must be the new word for when things get on yer t!ts!

11. Argh! I didn't even notice or I would have fixed it. Now I'm frustrated that I can't...

12. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Bugg er, it seems churlish to complain when you see what's happened in Missouri.

13. Terrible scenes of destruction and 89 people killed. Awful.

14. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Yes,feels a bit silly complaining about my wheelie bin and garden table after seeing the news.

15. I had no idea. What a shame. :(

16. Lamadette is in Scotland and being on the "wee" side she has nearly been blown away. She says the bridges are closed. So how do people get home from Edinburgh say?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

The long way.

18. Henriettawasp

Henriettawasp New commenter

I can't begin to imagine how frightening it must be to experience a tornado - even if you are expecting it and are prepared.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

It's a holiday weekend this week and I'm heading to the east coast to my mum's. I'm taking my grandson but it's too much to hope that the weather will be anything like good enough for him to arm himself with his bucket and spade and spend most of the time down at the beach.