1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Win that teaching job!

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by TheoGriff, Mar 16, 2012.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Two of our most popular TES Weekend Workshops are running again on Saturday 24th March:
    Winning That Teaching Job - get your application right, get noticed and perform well at interview - www.tesweekendworkshop95.eventbrite.com
    Interview Coaching - Improve your performance, showcase your skills and give a professional impression (a group workshop with a maximum of six attendees) - www.tesweekendworkshop96.eventbrite.com
    These are each half a day, and are held at the TES Headquarters in Holborn, Central London. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, and do practical exercises to help you see what you need to do to stand out of the crowd.
    For the seminar, It’s not a load of people sitting in a hall; there are a group of you, sitting round a boardroom table, so you can feel relaxed and ask questions.
    Here are some comments from people who have attended:
    • Frankly, the best delivered seminar I have ever attended.
    • This has been a very useful and well organised seminar with practical tips for improving the difficult task of selling yourself
    • Excellent advice, very helpful for executive summaries
    • This has been terrific and has really met my needs.
    • This was particularly useful for writing a personal statement
    • The pace was perfect and unlike some CPD activities, the practical sessions were enjoyable and useful
    • Fantastic presenters, very useful, highly recommended
    • Fabulous, really helpful!
    • I followed what I learnt on the seminar and have just landed my dream job!
    • After attending your course I have just accepted my first teaching post.
    • Since attending the course I've applied for two positions, and am shortlisted for both.
    For the full TES Weekend Workshop programme please visit www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars or contact advice@tes.co.uk .
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.

2. Sounds great, although I will be unable to attend on the 24th....are there plans to run any more of these in the near future?

Many thanks.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

There will probably be more before the end of the recruiting season.
    Watch this space!
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Bump
    Good luck in the job seeking!