1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Win 30 Royal Wedding T-towels for your school

Discussion in 'Primary' started by impulce, Feb 9, 2011.

1. I cant think of anything my class would care about less, than the royal wedding!

2. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

Yuck, they're horrible, no wonder you're giving them away!

3. I dont think the ones in the picture are the ones you get.
    The whole point is that you design your own ones. Each child draws a picture of Kate and Wills etc etc.

4. You're right Bekseb - you can get your own designs on there. I know they're not to everyone's taste but they could be useful for fundraising.
    Gail

5. I think it is up to them to make that decision - children should be given the opportunity to experience as much as possible, even if it is not your cup of tea!

6. Its not that its not my cup of tea, but I know the families of children I teach and they definately arent the royal-family-loving-kind.
    Not to mention the fact that teachers are getting a day of in lieu for the royal wedding, which is already annoying parents as it is taking the pi55 really!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Now this is an interesting one - I am most definitely a Republican. Should I get upset by my child's school having an event / competition to commerate the wedding or should I accept it is part of history.
    Except - it's only the Queen's grandson so it fails to excite me.

8. lardylegs

Doh, I feel really thick now. I see, your kids get to design their own, very nice. There is scope for an article here, Gail - we are being inundated with emails from companies offering RW mugs and Tea towels and so on - my staffroom is divided - ignore the wedding or embrace it? Since we are only going to be teaching the kids for 2 days the previous week, I'm all in favour of making it a 2-day extravaganza of RW fever, others are dead against any mention of the Big Day in school! Discuss.

9. lardylegs

Yeah, you and my HT.

10. Benbamboo

Benbamboo Occasional commenter

It's a public holiday - everyone is getting the day off. Teachers aren't that special.

11. greta444

greta444 New commenter

The wedding falls in our Easter holidays so we don't get the extra day off that everyone else does!!

12. I am concerned too... We have only three days after the Easter holiday before SATs begin....AAAaaargh!

13. My children want to know why the incredibly rich Wills and Kate get their very expensive marriage paid for by the taxpayer but their mums and dads had to pay for itself.

They also think that tea towels are a pretty poor gift. They suggest an Iphone app called 'Off With There Heads'

Seriously, the royal family set a terrible example to the nation. We should be ignoring these talentless, tax-funded celebrities. I certainly can't justify their existence to the kids, and neither shall I.

14. There, their or they're?

15. cra13

cra13 New commenter

The wedding falls in our Easter holidays but it still means we get an extra day off - a day of our choice.