1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Win £10 in teacher survey - Girls' & boys' academic conduct & achievement

Discussion in 'Primary' started by BonnyHartley, Oct 28, 2011.

1. We would like to invite all teachers in England to take part in a current nationwide research project run by the School of Psychology at the University of Kent, Canterbury, England.
    We are conducting a short online survey entitled "Teachers' views of girls' & boys' academic conduct & achievement".
    We are interested in teachers' views on how children's gender relates to different aspects of conduct and achievement at school. We hope you will see the value of investigating this important topic. We really value your opinions and experience, and hope that you can spare 10-15 minutes to complete this online survey. Also, it would be fantastic if you could pass this link onto other teachers, head teachers and teaching assistants who you know.
    Everyone who participates in this research has the opportunity to be entered into our draw to win one of five £10 prizes.
    Who can take part?
    All student/trainee teachers, NQTs, experienced teachers, teaching assistants, and head teachers (providing they teach classes) who work in a primary or secondary school or college in England can take part.
    You can take part in the research by clicking the following link:
    https://www.kent.ac.uk/psychology/surveys/qms2/display.php?l=812&k=58ad9ed2
    Many thanks in advance,
    Bonny Hartley
    PhD researcher and Part-time teacher
    University of Kent, Canterbury, email: B.L.Hartley@kent.ac.uk

2. started the survey but cancelled half way through,I found it very confusing

3. paulie86

paulie86 New commenter

My county nor school type (west yorkshire, middle school) were not options, so I gave up too!

4. Dear Nick,
    That is fantastic that you would do it for nothing, and I'm sure many teachers feel the same way, but I just thought a small prize would be a little bonus. I apologise if this has been interpreted as insulting. I really do just want to gather teacher's views on gender and school conduct and achievement and value your experiences very highly.
    Apologies and kind regards,
    Bonny

5. I'm sorry that some of you found my survey somewhat confusing. I should have specified in the survey that we just want a general idea (approxamate percentage) of what children might say in answer to the questions.
    If anyone would like help whilst completing the survey, or would like to know more about the purpose of the study or results once you have completed it, then please don't hesitate to contact me on the email below.
    Kind regards,
    Bonny (B.L.Hartley@kent.ac.uk)

6. Dear Paulie,
    I apologise for not distinguishing between the different subcounties within Yorkshire. For the purpose of the suvey it is absolutely fine to select Yorkshire, or type West Yorkshire into the "other" box provided for more specificity.
    Also, apologies for only including Primary, Secondary and College as options. I did this for statistical purposes and because I believed that middle schools are deemed either as primary or secondary - those accepting pupils up to the age of 12 are titled middle-deemed-primary, and those accepting pupils 13 or over are titled middle-deemed-secondary. So you can select the one which fits the school you teach in.
    It would be fantastic if you could take part again as I would really appreciate your views on this issue.
    Many thanks and kind regards
    Bonny

7. paulie86

paulie86 New commenter

Ooops, didn't even spot Yorkshire at the bottom, as i was concentrating on looking for West! Fair enough, will have another go. Paulie