1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Will you shed a tear for - or offer a few quid to - the Prime Minister?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Morninglover, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Morninglover

Morninglover Star commenter

Apparently - according to friends quoted in the press - he's finding life as PM tough emotionally and financially...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I do have a solution...he resigns at once. :D

Attached Files:

2. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

I am no fan of Boris, but I feel for him as I would any other human being. Mental health/depression/dark mood is no respector of class, race etc. It affects everyone.
    Who on here would take on his job?

Lalad, Bungie, Jonntyboy and 2 others like this.
  3. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

I am no fan of Boris, but I feel for him as I would any other human being. Mental health/depresdion/dark mood is no respector of class, race etc. It affects everyone.
    Who on here would take on his job?

Edit. Double post. Sorry.

Corvuscorax20 likes this.
  4. colacao17

colacao17 Lead commenter

Income dropped to 150 000

He's lucky he's not trying to survive on Universal credit (or waiting for it). It's hard to have sympathy for a man whose actions and decisions have made the lives of so many people so much harder and more miserable than they need to be.

He really really wanted this job. Desire is no match for competence and adequacy.

5. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

Let me just nip out and get the world's smallest violin...

Would I shed a tear? No. He wanted the job (well he wanted to have had the title) and now he has to put his money where his mouth is.

As for his other problem - paying maintenance or whatever, and an expensive divorce (good for his ex-wife I say) - he should have kept it inside his trousers.

Poor baby - doesn't have a housekeeper... only has ONE cleaner... can't afford a nanny (perhaps Rees Mogg could lend him one)... He has somewhere to live and he has a job. And HOW much is he earning?

Perhaps he would like to become homeless and live on the streets, or struggle with living on UC whilst paying obscene rents; be unemployed or working his backside off (as if!!) doing a zero-hours contract job where his hours aren't guaranteed... Perhaps he should have tried looking after all his kids on his own...

Poor mental health? Yes, that can happen to anyone, and I don't mock him for that. But would he perhaps like to refer himself to an iapt service for counselling and have to wait weeks if not months for an assessment and 6 weeks of CBT? Or be referred to a charity working with mental health problems, where the workers are paid much much less than he ever has been?

He's had a privileged life and has an attitude of entitlement and arrogance. So he's finding it tough. Tough! So are millions of other people. I have way more empathy for those who didn't choose to be in their situation than I ever will for him.

6. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

7. hankay

hankay Occasional commenter

I've heard some strange arguments for BoJo by stating that he's only paid ~£150k a year, and that "some hotshot lawyers in that London can make double that".

Err... And?
    So BoJo makes £150k, but does he pay for his living expenses? Transport? Luxuries? Nope.

Nobody who wants to become PM in the modern day does it because they want to do good and make a difference. They do it for all the back-handers and perks. I have no sympathy for any of them.

8. Jolly_Roger15

Jolly_Roger15 Star commenter

Poor Boris, diddums. (I do not think!)

EmanuelShadrack likes this.
  9. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

She is not a clear cut victim. The ex-wife was the mistress who led to his first divorce.

10. mothorchid

mothorchid Star commenter

Imagine my distress...

11. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

His first marriage was on very shaky ground before he ever met Marina Wheeler. The first wife was with him in Brussels in th elate 1980s and fled the marital home for a friend's house, in deep distress and claiming that Boris's volatile temper and bullying scared her. The friend was later 'detained' by Boris , who demanded to know what his wife had said about him. Allegra Mostyn Owen, the first wife, is said to be still to scared to speak out about Boris's behaviour to her.
    The second wife was pregnant before his divorce was finalised but their affair, one of many he had, seems not to have been the cause of the breakdown of the first marriage.

12. peakster

peakster Star commenter

He can go anytime he feels like.

Today would be good.

He isn't up to the job.

13. hplovegame48

hplovegame48 Occasional commenter

Oh boo hoo, his life is so hard - not. If he'd kept it in his pants, he might be better off.

14. Jonntyboy

Jonntyboy Lead commenter

Anybody who has to cope with the people he has to deal with so regularly has my sympathy. But he's a politician - he must have known that he'd be attacked on all sides whatever he did.
    It happens to all PMs, though Covid appearing just as he was winning through with Brexit is something nobody could have predicted, and I wouldn't have wished this set of circumstances even on Blair.

Kandahar likes this.
  15. Sally006

Sally006 Star commenter

And like many many suffers of mental health problems they are forced to give up their jobs with the resulting financial hit much more severe that Boris’s will be.

He really wanted this job on more than one occasion and it wasn’t as if he had his arm twisted to step up because no one else wanted to. He did not anticipate a national pandemic to be fair but he has every right to step down now if it is all too much.

The Brexit bit I will never forgive or excuse as anyone with the slightest bit of sense would have known it would lead to economic ruin for the country.

16. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

He's so like Churchill; right down to the black dog. What does his girlfriend/fiancee/partner do?

17. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

But he's well hung.

18. Bungie

Bungie Occasional commenter

Irrespective of whether you like Boris or not - and I know this won't make me popular - British prime ministers, while they are in office, are very poorly paid in comparison with similar countries. Of course, nobody becomes PM for the financial rewards, but we can't expect to attract the brightest and the best to the job, when they can earn so much more elsewhere, such as in the City.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
    Burndenpark likes this.
  19. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

And marriage created a vacancy.

monicabilongame likes this.
  20. colacao17

colacao17 Lead commenter

The obvious response to that would be "he should be" but I won't say it because it would probably get me into trouble.