1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Will you open up, smile and hand out treats?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Lascarina, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Or will you stay inside and ignore the knocks on your door this Saturday?

2. hermitcrabbe

hermitcrabbe Established commenter

I hope that there will be no knocks. If there are,they will be ignored.

3. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

We're away. When we are in I do buy treats, then we have very few visitors and I eat most of them myself.

4. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

I will turn all the lights out and be 'not at home'

5. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

We've already had guisers. Husband opened the door to three teenagers - when he told them it was a bit early, they said they were going on holiday and would miss Hallowe'en. Anyway - they all performed a few crappy jokes so he gave them some Haribo we had left over from last Christmas and told them he expected better next year.
    We'll be going to a Hallowe'en party on Saturday so won't be home, otherwise I'd be taking 6 year old out for guising too. She has some great poems she can recite off by heart.

6. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Good reminder. I can't see any kids coming round here. It's not that kind of place but I'll get some sweets just in case.

Or maybe some nice apples. And a notice for the front door.

"Healthy Eating House"

Dragonlady30, kibosh and marlin like this.
  7. Ladykaza

Ladykaza Senior commenter

We'll open the door. We live in a very rural village so it'll only be the neighbour's kids and the youth club who we know well. Now mine are all grown up I quite miss all this stuff. Mind you if they come during Strictly Lord K will have to get it!

coffeekid likes this.
  8. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

I handed out apples instead of sweets last year. The look of disgust on the children's faces was quite amusing.
    Hopefully word has got around that the booty at my house isn't worth knocking for :)

9. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

Bingo! Someone at work has a surfeit of apples and doesn't know what to do with them. I do now though! Thanks for that GDW & RQ

RedQuilt likes this.
  10. teachingking123

teachingking123 Established commenter

Hide upstairs in bed watching TV at the back of my house. I can't wait to scrub of the eggs, silly string and toilet paper lobed at my house.:confused:

11. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

That'll keep you busy on Sunday morning.

teachingking123 likes this.
  12. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

We've got Haribo- classy! We'll answer the door, if they've made the effort to dress up and have parents with them.

Actually, it's a good thing we have Haribo, because I won't eat them if there are left overs!

13. teachingking123

Ha. My hands will be too tired to work the next day.

14. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Yes. I bet you do work them hard when you're on your own over the weekend!

kibosh likes this.
  15. teachingking123

Especially when I have a few more books left to mark.

16. Findlotte

Findlotte Established commenter

I wish I could! but I live on a top floor flat with no children. I thought about putting my pumpkin at the lobby door but it might get stolen or trashed.

17. teachingking123

How sad...:(

18. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

I don't mind handing out a few chocs. No one came last year although there are some small children around.

19. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

Treats all the way! PCjr will dress up, we'll carve a pumpkin and give sweets to any who call. We have never had any problems from callers. PCjr will then spend the rest of the evening scaring us with her movie collection.

20. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

Fortunately I won't be in. I'm working.