1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Will you be the innovator?

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by oldsomeman, May 1, 2013.

1. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

A 150 heads, at a recent meeting ,greeted with great applause Gove's desire to shift all the training of teachers and what is to be taught to you dear heads.Will you leap with excitement and stand to aknowledge your great leader ?

2. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

A 150 heads, at a recent meeting ,greeted with great applause Gove's desire to shift all the training of teachers and what is to be taught to you dear heads.Will you leap with excitement and stand to aknowledge your great leader ?

3. MisterMaker

MisterMaker Occasional commenter

GTPs are, in my experience, the weakest teachers. Those who've gone to do 'proper' teacher training in a university - BEd or PGCE - understand education much better on the whole.
    I know nothing about Gove's teacher training plans, but if they resemble GTP rather than PGCE then things will only get worse.
    Perhaps others have a different perspective.

4. I guess this one is variable. In one London authority that I worked in the GTP "programme" was a disgrace, with low grade candidates given third rate training by failed teachers from the LA. In my current authority, the standard is excellent.
    I think GTP is excellent, IN THEORY...... the execution can be questionable though.