1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Will this deal get passed, do you think

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Corvuscorax, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Corvuscorax

Corvuscorax Lead commenter

I'm optimistic this farce could finally be coming to an end.

2. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I would like it to be passed just to get an end to it and move on. However I think the ********* and the no dealers will still scupper it, especially as they have the safety net of making Boris ask for an extension. It would have been better if the EU had said this week, here is the deal, take it or leave it without giving the option of another extension.

3. blazer

blazer Star commenter

R E M O A N E R S is a banned word!!

4. Corvuscorax

brexiteers

5. Corvuscorax

wow! you are right! brexiteers isn't though!

6. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Lead commenter

#bobbtd is a bad motivation

7. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

Good

bombaysapphire and ilovesooty like this.
  8. LondonCanary

Should be brexiters to avoid the glamorized comparison with succesful business risk takers or freewheeling pirates.

nizebaby likes this.
  9. blazer

blazer Star commenter

But once we have taken the step we can then put all the effort into making it work. At the moment, while the ********* can see an opportunity to overturn the decision we are in limbo. Get a deal, have an election and start to re build.

10. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

The whole farce, from Cameron getting reelected in 2015 has been utterly ridiculous. The most important question is how any government thinks that leaving the EU is a good thing. Everybody, except the fat cats and those who have fiddled it all, will be worse off if we leave. Leaving the EU is based on a few vested interests who will make money out of it, who conned the public in the 2016 vote with lies and misinformation, who lied, broke electoral rules, broke the law in other ways and set us on this road to disaster. We have had nearly ten years of austerity, and this will be another kick in the teeth for everybody, and essentialy "austerity for ever". If anybody actually believes they will be better off out of the EU they must be complete idiots.

11. LondonCanary

It would only be the end of the begining .If the deal passes there will be15 months of arguing with Barnier followed by potential no deal.

12. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

I hope it does, because this deal, although flawed, is as close to Brexit as we're likely to get, but I doubt it will pass because, as you may have noticed, our system was devised and is run by a garbage elite who devised it and run it so as to guarantee that they can never lose and the people can never win.

George_Randle likes this.
  13. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

You say 'our system was devised and is run by garbage elite' - just remind me where did Johnson, Rees-Mogg or even Farage go to school? ;)

Oh, and BTW since you've obviously become a naturalised Brit, will you now show your allegiance to this country by joining in with the vast majority here and criticising the malicious, gropey, racist who runs the USA?

14. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

Don't you think emojis are really just for children, Frank? Grown ups should be able to express their thoughts with words.
    And no, I don't think I'll join in with "the vast majority here". Because I'm not insecure enough to need to.
    And because vast majorities tend to be wrong. Not always, but often enough.

15. FrankWolley

No, actually I think emojis can make a useful point. As when someone talks pompous nonsense:rolleyes:. Such as: 'our system was devised and is run by garbage elite'. o_O And then can't back it up...:D

And as for Trump, I see even you can't defend that awful man. :)

monicabilongame and mothorchid like this.
  16. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

"Our system was devised and is run by a garbage elite."

(artboyusa)

When exactly was 'our system' devised?

Define 'garbage (n) elite'.

monicabilongame likes this.
  17. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

The indecision and uncertainty have hamstrung British businesses. They can't do any forward planning and the exchange rate is suffering. Extending the Period Of Indecision is just prolonging the agony.

18. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

Let's be clear those who forced the Surrender (Benn) Bill through never thought PM would get a new deal. He did. Then they thought he would never get it through Parliament. He was going to. Hence yesterday’s shenanigans. The country deserves better than this dishonest Parliament.

Let’s just get on with it and then have a general election.

border_walker and George_Randle like this.
  19. FrankWolley

If he was convinced he would have won (got the WA through the HoC) yesterday, why didn't he go ahead with it? o_O

The real reason he didn't put it forward is that he was frightened, 'frit' as Mrs T would have said, that he'd lose... ;)

monicabilongame likes this.
  20. MAGAorMIGA

MAGAorMIGA Star commenter

Quite rightly too. The country is divided enough already without childish epithets being bandied about. Let's stick to "Remainers" and "Leavers" or "Brexiters" shall we?